• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Next Haruhi Suzumiya Novel to Bundle Kyon Short Story

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kohii

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:19 am Reply with quote
Quote:
but it is not shipping on May 25 in all 13 countries that currently have the light novel series in print.

So that means no Kyogaku for the US, huh? Damn, I really wanted to get that booklet.
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:28 am Reply with quote
Thank God. I thought after Sneaker was discontinued, it would affect the future of this novel *whew*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Sigh I would like to read this but the way it comes out here it will be aroud 2016 before it comes out
FMAvatard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Just asking from an American perspective, do the light novels in Japan warrant midnight waits outside bookstores like say, Harry Potter does? Because I think that'd be a very interesting crowd to be in.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Cool, I hope we get the short story when Surprise of Haruhi finally makes it to the US. But that wont be for quite awhile...
Kohii

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:45 pm Reply with quote
FMAvatard wrote:
Just asking from an American perspective, do the light novels in Japan warrant midnight waits outside bookstores like say, Harry Potter does? Because I think that'd be a very interesting crowd to be in.

Here's an easy way to tell. Let's compare how much money Rowling and Tanigawa have on their bank account and maybe you'll get some sort of answer.
vesamatti

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:23 am Reply with quote
J.K.Rowling is one of the richiest women in UK. And all of it thanks to Harry Potter Very Happy
Nayu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:47 am Reply with quote
Kohii wrote:
FMAvatard wrote:

Here's an easy way to tell. Let's compare how much money Rowling and Tanigawa have on their bank account and maybe you'll get some sort of answer.

Keep in mind, these novels are aimed at otaku... you know the people who invented lining up at midnight for a release. Very Happy

Rowling may be typing out money (Seriously would be if she like followed up with a series of Hermione Granger and the.... books) but that doesn't mean that Tanigawa doesn't have a dedicated audience. Very Happy
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Great news, but seeing as how we won't get if for another five years, I find it hard to get too excited about this. But, Hopefully YP will give the short story booklet with their release as well!+
Banken

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:08 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sigh I would like to read this but the way it comes out here it will be aroud 2016 before it comes out

It would be faster to learn Japanese.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1