• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? (TV)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mister V

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:13 am Reply with quote
This episode was a nice dose of hilarious WTF. Death metal Santa art is now screencapped, all of it.
The horse and ponytail references made me remember Fumoffu first.

Also, Yuki Matsuoka as this week's Yuu, that was good.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Mentioning characters appearing I actually finally identified a girl in his class being in the ED song holding a microphone, she is the one with black hair and pigtails.

I went ahead and looked for her in the ED and also found her in the OP. Then I also found the glasses which given to Ayumu in the OP as well.

Glasses and I'll repost the Mahou Shojo silhouettes.

Also, another remark about episode 7 concerning the spoiler[ponytails.] Kyon! That bastard!

For those who don't get the joke... spoiler[Kyon from The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya said in an episode that ponytails turn him on.]
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:58 pm Reply with quote
If you look carefully at Haruna's chalkboard during her math instruction, it actually has a bunch of real physics equations on there... like the one for gravity and the value of the speed of light in a vaccuum.

Haruna really is a genius, that's what's so funny about her. Smile
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:11 pm Reply with quote
So yah, eppie 8.

More of Yuki. Affectionate Haruna. Vampire Ninja Nekko. The spoiler[Disappearance of Eucliwood Hellscythe.]

To Yuki/Maelstrom: You can be my waifu.

We get to see her "fantasies" of Ayumu, which were funny. Ep 8 was more of a relaxed episode where the characters just spoiler[went shopping.] We're also spoiler[introduced to the 'King Of Night' (?) who's supposedly the zombie Yuu killed.]
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Super Giga Burger, now available at your nearest Mask Donalds for only 999 yen.

So this week they went shopping.
Vampire ninja wore cat ears, but I kept staring at her boobies whenever they were on the screen.
I really want those glasses.
I wonder why exactly her boobies are so awesome.
And it ends with a continued cliffhanger.

Oh, I had to try at least once....

By the way, I don't think I'll ever get tired of their jokes. Vampire ninja's oral abuse, his little sister delusions (is it me or is her voice changing each time? guess they don't really want us to get accustomed of a single one so when she finally speaks), etc.
Oh, yeah, this anime is currently my favorite this season. Can't say the others are that far behind, because this season is just that excellent.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:20 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Vampire ninja's oral abuse...

I believe you mean her "verbal" abuse - unless you are getting a far more interesting uncensored version than I am...
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
unless you are getting a far more interesting uncensored version than I am...

You have no idea how productive me imagination be! It's like a real-time reality to fantasy converter.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote
It's funny how Vampire Ninja originally appeared on the scene because she wanted Miss Hellscythe's help with something - and hasn't mentioned it since. Such dangling story threads are small beer, however, if the compensation is a lovely female character with big hoots. I thrill every time she calls Zombie Boy "you disgusting piece of sh-t" in that sexy monotone of hers.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:18 pm Reply with quote
So who knew that when Sera said she would not wear the ears, she would indeed wear them when she thought no one was watching, well neiter Mio nore Seto San spoiler[threw stars into the eyes of the person.] It was funny how Haruna blamed Ayumu for her own imagination, and he gets accused of entering dreams, says more about Haruna then Ayumu. Also Yuki has some fantasies as well, maybe she is a bit like Ayumu, I found it interesting how in this show she says that she wants to learn to like him, unlike lots of shows where they apparently fall in love straight away.

Haruna wears proper clothes, although she looks kind of like a little kid, appears to be activly wanting him now, she at least did not like him ignoring her, probably since she doesn't open to many people. Are we likely to see Haruna and Yuki fighting over Ayumu in future, well knowing the characters, it will likely be strange and dangerous.

Also as soon as I saw that guy I had my suspicions of him being spoiler[the 'King Of Night', well my reasoning was that his hair made me think of our main character's hair and thus I suspected zombie, and 'King Of Night' is the only other one we know.] So what is hapening with Yuu next?
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:02 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
... his little sister delusions (is it me or is her voice changing each time? ...

Well, they list the seiyuu each time he has one of his delusions, so it wouldn't be too hard to go check. Also, I'm pretty sure they do, and that's (part of) the joke.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:58 pm Reply with quote
What I learned from Episode 10: < ERROR MEANT 9

Love is the best magical power EVAR. It can own weapons of mass destruction.

Just when I thought they were getting too emotional with spoiler[the possession of Yuki, they end up making a comedic moment out of it.]

Oh, Dai-sensei is... somewhat spoiler[suspicious, she has all that magical power...]

So... Eucliwood is spoiler[really gone for now. Come back my little necromancer!]

3 Episodes left, Sad.

Last edited by EmbraceMe on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:07 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
What I learned from Episode 10:

Did you time jump through a vending machine? Laughing

This pretty much says everything about the series. While the drama isn't weak, it's certainly not on par with the comedy (which is really really good).
At some point during episode 9 I really had to put a stop to my expectations because I started expecting too much, and knowing the drama they've used so far, it was blatantly obvious it wouldn't live up to that. Either way, I hope they solve this by episode 11, so at least episode 12 can be dedicated to comedy. And I must admit that the only reason the drama has been quite effective is because I've come to like the characters through comedy.
That teacher is probably the only character I've disliked so far. Perhaps it's her design that really annoys me. Which is unexpected, since I'm loving everyone's design.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:22 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
EmbraceMe wrote:
What I learned from Episode 10:

Did you time jump through a vending machine? Laughing

I was trying really hard to comprehend the joke, and I didn't figure it out till now. *Facepalm* Yea, my mind is distracted by Pokemon Black/White.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:37 am Reply with quote
Just have to write in to say that I am still not dissapointed, well by now I pretty much know whay to expect, funny situations, drama that is not the most amazing but alright and crazy stuff. It is a formulae that works.

Well characters have sme interesting surprises, just this episode I was wondering why spoiler[Yuki's "she is" has nothing following, a vampire ninja was no much of a surprise. But apparently it was revealed she is somhow involved with the Masou Shoujo or some kind of super weapon.] Dai-sensei is still weirding me out, she fits into a weird area possibly paroding a character type. Unassuming appearance but really strong, very protective of students but basically does not seem to care about many things, childish but eerily inteligent. There is no reason to really hate her, but she just comes of strange, kind of like Kyubey, well she is interesting.

You know him going masou shoujo had gotten pretty easy to take now, sure I still gigle at the transformation, but it is less now of feeling of being uncomfertable. But they did manage t bring it back with a crotch shot at the end, they do try to keep this show fresh. The Yuu part felt a bit unnecesary, we got a lot previously about her situation, but they did manage to I guess sum it up well for I guess the olot. Pluss this has probably been the most emotional we have seen her yet, if you had not watched past episodes you probably would not have known how different she acted here.

Quote:
*Facepalm* Yea, my mind is distracted by Pokemon Black/White.

I am so waiting for it to come out here in Australia, just have to wait untill Thursday until I start slacking off on my responsibilities and play until I think I can hear the game track playing everywhere. Anime dazed
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote
Quote:
There is no reason to really hate her, but she just comes of strange, kind of like Kyubey, well she is interesting.

Well, I couldn't see anyone hating a shallow character either. I know her type quite well, and it's often present in anime as one of the most useless characters who are known to be super ultra powerful but who hardly do anything at all. Ultimately it comes to the design, really.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 12