• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What's your favorite anime? Winter 2011. *Mock Poll*

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your favorite anime from this season?
Fractale
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Kimi wo Korosu
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Gosick
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Beelzebub
14%
 14%  [ 10 ]
Crossdessing Son
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Dream Eater Merry
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Mitsudomoe 2
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Kore wa Kawaii desu ne?
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Dragon Dragis
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Infinite Harem
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Rio
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cardfight on Motorcycles
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Freezing
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Madoka and the Mystical stick
28%
 28%  [ 20 ]
Level E
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 69

larinon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:01 am Reply with quote
I went with Fractale, as did many others. I've only seen six of the titles. But I'll get around Kimi ni Todoke 2 eventually once I finish season 1, and since I did not care for Mitsudomoe I haven't considered watching its second season.

I have been enjoying Madoka as well -- that would be my second pick.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:16 am Reply with quote
Sadly, I've only seen one show out of this season's crop so far, but damn is it a phenomenal one. Madoka's Magical Disco Stick gets my vote.

Thing is, there wasn't a whole lot this season that really grabbed my attention. Aside from Madoka Magica, the only others that I had a really considerable interest in checking out were the gothed up Detective Conan (Gosick) and the transgendered coming-of-age piece (Wandering Son). The one about the girl and the zombies looked slightly interesting, though I got kind of a Dokuro-chan vibe of "here's a hysterical gag series that'll get old after episode three," so I've not exactly been going out of my way to get to it.

And Fractale apparently flew completely under my radar. Reading about it, it's got an interesting premise. I'll have to check it out once I'm done with Madoka Magica.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:44 am Reply with quote
Did something hack the thing and gave Fractale that many votes? Laughing

But no, I believe it is justifiable. It's certainly part of my interchangeable top 3 this season, and it's an awesome season, son. I'll probably marathon the last 3 episodes, because all the breaks are killing the fun. Fractale has to be the most delayed anime of the season (earthquake plus artificial delaying because it's only 11 episodes), and by the time each episode arrives the fun is gone. Either that or I'll watch each drunk and get to the re-watch sober so I won't remember a thing by then. Laughing
Quote:

The one about the girl and the zombies looked slightly interesting, though I got kind of a Dokuro-chan vibe of "here's a hysterical gag series that'll get old after episode three," so I've not exactly been going out of my way to get to it.

Oh, I thought the same thing. But it's still part of my top 3 on the top of a lot of quality things. I think Madoka's magical Stick didn't sum up well all the teen angst and characters' age, which is why it's under me top 3. Now if they had designs ala Bakemonogatari, oh boy. Either way, Kore wa Kawaii desu ka? doesn't get tiresome. I must say that the drama is subpar, but the comedy is top notch all the way (up to the latest episode, anyway).
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:12 am Reply with quote
Am I missing Kimi ni Todoke on there? Or is that Kimi wo Korosu?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
arielifeoma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Is the second season of Kimi ni Todoke not included because it's just considered a continuation? If we are only considering "new" anime, I'll go with Baby Beel and Oga-chin! Definitely the most enjoyable and I didn't have to wait until all the episodes were aired to avoid angst (as I did with Kimi ni Todoke even though it was the sweetest marathon of anime watching I did this season).
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:11 am Reply with quote
Bento-Box wrote:
Am I missing Kimi ni Todoke on there? Or is that Kimi wo Korosu?

That be correct. Oh damn it.

Just redo the poll once Madoka finishes airing. Make sure to have some crap title as the first option.
chachaboru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:13 pm Reply with quote
madoka and the mystical stick...

cool story and the opening is awesome..
i'm gonna watch fractale!!
FullTilt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Am I missing something, or is Fractale really that good?

Anyway, my vote goes to Madoka of the Emotional Whiplash. Laughing
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Consider this poll futile. Bots bots bots, Fractale wouldn't make it that far.
The_Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:40 am Reply with quote
Futile or not i still put a vote in for Gosick because it was an anime i was really hunting for: an anime where the main guy isn't completely pathetic, where the main girl is interesting without playing on the moe character too much, where the story challenges you to actually think (it was fun trying to figure out how the mysteries unfolded), and where the ending is something to be proud of.

That is all.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Damn it! I didn't know Mitsudomoe 2 and Gosick were in the same time period. This is a tough one!

The first is comedy gold for me, even though I discovered its second season was cut short because... no, not going there.

Gosick has a goth loli in it.

Anime cry

I can't choose both, so I shall pick neither.
hikaru hasama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I have many favorite anime so it's hard to choose... but i pick madoka...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2