• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kannaduki no Miko

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:30 pm Reply with quote
As I reported in the Duplicate Entries thread, there are two submissions in the Encyclopedia for Kannaduki no Miko, one under that title, and the other under "Kannazuki no Miko." It was probably a bad idea, but I went ahead and submitted a lot of information on the series under the "Kannazuki no Miko" entry, and didn't notice until after I had done so that "Kannaduki" is actually considered to be the more "proper" interpretation of the name.

Is there any way to have the data I submitted for "Kannazuki no Miko" moved over to the "Kannaduki no Miko" encyclopedia entry? If not, I could probably re-submit it all under the proper title (though that would take a while).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:49 am Reply with quote
Happened to me before. I don't think you can migrate them directly without removing and reentering them. It's time consuming and discouraging, isn't it? Sad

Now I'm worrying about Gankutsuou and Gankutsu Ou. Both have large amount of information within....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
cubs2084

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:45 am Reply with quote
They should just merge them and list Kannazuki as an alternate title.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:42 am Reply with quote
cubs2084 wrote:
They should just merge them and list Kannazuki as an alternate title.

Um, merging is not as easy as you might think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:29 am Reply with quote
I went ahead and re-posted all the information under "Kannaduki no Miko." Short of alternate titles, both pages now have identical information, and either one can be used, really (turns out I was wrong about Kannaduki being the "correct" version after all...).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:18 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
(turns out I was wrong about Kannaduki being the "correct" version after all...).

No, you weren't - that's the transliteration used by the studio, which makes it "proper", even though many of us would transliterate 神無月の巫女 as kannadzuki no miko or kannazuki no miko.

For instance, the official website is www.kannaduki.net.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:11 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
I went ahead and re-posted all the information under "Kannaduki no Miko." Short of alternate titles, both pages now have identical information, and either one can be used, really (turns out I was wrong about Kannaduki being the "correct" version after all...).

Ahh, that actually makes merging the titles even harder Anime smallmouth;
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:18 am Reply with quote
Kannazuki is gone, Kannaduki has been kept.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1