• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz, T3 Networks Partner to Market Anime for TV

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machetecat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:28 pm Reply with quote
So, like, let's assume I know nothing about T3...

What kind of stuff can they get/have they gotten on TV before? What channels do they have access to? Does this company have any friends in major network channels?

I'm curious to see how this turns out, but YAY for more stuff possibly getting on TV!!!
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I hope this works. I'd love to see more anime (especially Shojo shows, even if it is Vampire Knight Razz) on TV.

I wonder if this means that Inuyasha: The Final Act is completely or nearly dubbed.

Also, why isn't "Tiger & Bunny" on the list? I want it dubbed and on [Adult Swim] next weekend! Wink Twisted Evil
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Um... What? Anime on TV? Naruto NEEDS to be back on Cartoon Network.... If this works FUNimation need hop on this so they can get One Piece and those Frogs on TV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote
This could be possibly awesome if handled right. But which channel would these shows air on?
Jaymie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Inuyasha TFA? They got the license for that thing over two years ago, and they still didn't release it. Kekkaishi and Vampire Knight, the two series that they announced at the same time as TFA, have already been dubbed and released.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
What Viz needs to do is put out there dvds im still waiting on the rest of Monster to come out but if they put more anime on tv maybe I can see the rest of Monster again
Redlinks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I've never even heard of T3 Network. :/
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Redlinks wrote:
I've never even heard of T3 Network. :/

T3 isn't the type of company the typical viewer would normally hear of. It appears they (http://www.t3networks.com/) are the type of company that shops around material for syndication. Although this does not rule out seeing Viz anime on a cable network, you might see it on a local TV station.

While it might be licensed by an individual station, many stations today are part of a group, but would still form a smaller licensing blocks than Viz could have effectively marketed to on their own.[/url]
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm having fun speculating which channels might air which programs.

I don't know how violent "The Final Act" is, but if it's similar to the first Inuyasha, it might make a nice companion show to DBZ Kai on NickToons or Naruto Shippuden on Disney X.D.

As for Vampire Knight, let's see...shojo supernatural romantic drama...chock filled with handsome, sparkly (in the shojo manga sense) vampires...aimed at tween-teen girls...The CW? Razz

I wonder how that pitch would go: "It's just like 'Twilight' and 'Vampire Diaries' with love triangles, angst, school antics...it just happens to be animated. Your viewers might not even notice!" Very Happy

If only it were that easy...

Last edited by Agent355 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I hope this channel will come on Direct TV!
Mohji

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

I don't know how violent "The Final Act" is, but if it's similar to the first Inuyasha, it might make a nice companion show to DBZ Kai on NickToons or Naruto Shippuden on Disney X.D.

As for Vampire Knight, let's see...shojo supernatural romantic drama...chock filled with handsome, sparkly (in the shojo manga sense) vampires...aimed at tween-teen girls...The CW? Razz

I wonder how that pitch would go: "It's just like 'Twilight' and 'Vampire Diaries' with love triangles, angst, school antics...it just happens to be animated. Your viewers might not even notice!" Very Happy

If only it were that easy...es, angst, school antics...it just happens to be animated. Your viewers might not even notice!" Very Happy

If the CW won't even air Supernatural: The Anime Series, I don't really see them airing Vampire Knight or any other anime for that matter.
Botan24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

If only it were that easy...es, angst, school antics...it just happens to be animated. Your viewers might not even notice!" Very Happy

I'd be willing to take bets that's the pitch they'll use for Vampire Knight, word for word. Because, let's face it, how else would you go about describing it to American TV channel executives (or whoever handles what gets broadcast on who's station)? Although to be fair, its not exactly like Twilight...there's no werewolves Smile
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Actually, the only way I could see Vampire Knight on broadcast TV such as the CW is if it were in an hour-long block with Supernatural: The Anime leading at the top of the hour.

InuYasha: The Final Act on Toonzai? Hell no. Unless it also ends up on Adult Swim, anyway. They OWE us who faithfully watched the conclusion in 2006 a proper continuation with an English dub.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:44 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
What Viz needs to do is put out there dvds im still waiting on the rest of Monster to come out but if they put more anime on tv maybe I can see the rest of Monster again
Do you have any particular objections to streaming it on Hulu, where it is available freely in both dub or sub? I did, and do, but they're negated by Viz's prior statement that if they get enough views on the streams they'll release the dvds. I call it "pulling a Sentai Filmworks". At the very least, I get to see the show again.

So T3, a name which evokes forms of internet connectivity to me, is basically going to set itself up as the "My24" of anime? I guess that's cool, but I wish they'd get some other anime content on there, in addition to what is listed.

A more important question is will they be showing the Death Note uncensored?
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:35 pm Reply with quote
As I understand it, T3 isn't a network in and of itself, but a company that sells the right to air shows to various networks, a middleman between Viz, and say, NickToons or The CW.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a shojo anime has been on American TV since "Sailor Moon" (unless "Descendants of Darkness is shojo, I'm not sure), which is why it will be so hard to sell Vampire Knight in particular.

Inuyasha and Death Note have both been on [as]. Both Naruto series have been on TV. Nura looks enough like other shonen properties that it shouldn't raise too many executives eyebrows.

But "Vampire Knight"? It just doesn't fit. You couldn't get further from the male 7-14 year old demographic that all (most, I'm looking at you, "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic") cartoons in the U.S. supposedly target.

Now, if they can follow Vampire Knight with "Nana," I'll be really impressed! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2