• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Final Fantasy X, Z.O.E. Headed to PS3, PS Vita in HD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:27 am Reply with quote
Haha, I'm playing Final Fantasy X right now on my PS3 .... Anime hyper I highly doubt I'll buy another copy, even for the HD. It's neat, though, that they're making it HD.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:32 am Reply with quote
Was thinking of buying my own copy since the one at home is technically my sister's.

For once, good timing Anime hyper
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:55 am Reply with quote
Final Fantasy X in high definition... NICE!!
michelous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:48 am Reply with quote
new if only they would remake ff7
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote
Wouldnt mind playing FFX in HD with trophy support! Since my PS3 can't play PS2 games :/.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:08 pm Reply with quote
....FFX? The hell? GTFO with that noise.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:09 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Wouldnt mind playing FFX in HD with trophy support! Since my PS3 can't play PS2 games :/.

I shudder what the trophies would be, given how grindy the side quests were in FFX.

I still remember those lightning fields...
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Huh... whelp, glad I never got around to getting a cheap used copy, I guess, being a rather late PS2 adopter and all. Is it possible that SE might plop down the money to re-do the voice-acting as well, or at least in the US? The only real impression I have of the game's voice-acting is from that out-of-context youtube video of the forced laughing scene, so I don't think I can make too great a judgment about it, but still... a good impression it wasn't. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:21 pm Reply with quote
The forced laughter scene is better in context. By then most of us have fallen in love with Yuna and will forgive anything she does. Tidus is another story altogether.

Personally I'd like to see a remake of VI. It has a wonderful mix of plot and characters and takes place in an FF-classical medieval world. I'd probably cut out a few of the playable side characters. The eight plot-relevant characters, and Mog of course, would be more than enough.

I'd love to see Celes perform from the tower in HD with surround sound and a real orchestra.
varmintx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
Huh... whelp, glad I never got around to getting a cheap used copy, I guess, being a rather late PS2 adopter and all. Is it possible that SE might plop down the money to re-do the voice-acting as well, or at least in the US? The only real impression I have of the game's voice-acting is from that out-of-context youtube video of the forced laughing scene, so I don't think I can make too great a judgment about it, but still... a good impression it wasn't. Confused
Well, back when the game first came out, I didn't think the dub was so bad (especially compared to many anime dubs I had heard), but it definitely hasn't aged well and a new one will be greatly appreciated. Since it'll be on a blu-ray, if they did make a new dub, there isn't much reason why they couldn't include the original as well.
yuna49 wrote:
Personally I'd like to see a remake of VI. It has a wonderful mix of plot and characters and takes place in an FF-classical medieval world. I'd probably cut out a few of the playable side characters. The eight plot-relevant characters, and Mog of course, would be more than enough.

I'd love to see Celes perform from the tower in HD with surround sound and a real orchestra.
Errr...I think VI is more steam punk than medieval. But anyway, I suspect Square will eventually do a remake of it...for a Nintendo handheld in the same way they did III and IV. Sadly, the only copy of VI I currently have is the rather wretched port to the PSX in the Anthology collection. Nothing like completing a game and then having the audio lose sync with the video during the ending sequence. Mad
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:55 am Reply with quote
Wha...Final Fantasy X on my PS3...in...HD. Unbelieveable! That is fantastic! I am so overjoyed right now! Final Fantasy X is only my favorite video game ever (I even bought the soundtrack!). It hit all the right places. Oh my god, I can not wait to get this.

I was just thinking the other night. It would be great if they would just port over FFX (along with FFXII and Kingdom Hearts ect.) To the PS3 since I hate having to hook up my PS2 to play those awesome games all the time. Not only am I getting FFX but in HD. Wow!

Although this announcement does not actually say it is coming to america. Also I hope it is the International Version since I never got to play that with the Dark Aeons and all.

Oh and I would only approve of a new dub if it was the same cast just done better. Otherwise I am fine with the dub we have now if only for the nostalgia.
caaraa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:17 am Reply with quote
The forced laughter scene is better in context.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:34 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
By then most of us have fallen in love with Yuna and will forgive anything she does.

Rikku > Yuna.

Especially in X-2.

Now X-2 in HD would be a real treat.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1