• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Announces Bakuman. Dub Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:09 pm Reply with quote
So is this a NY dub after all? I thought Bang Zoom! was doing this.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:23 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
So is this a NY dub after all? I thought Bang Zoom! was doing this.

That's what the rep on their Facebook page said so i guess he was wrong.

Nice to see they're using NYAV again. What was the last dub they did for MB? GaoGaiGar?

Last edited by NJ_ on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sorraffy

So we're going with the combination of Nnoitra and Griffith. And I gotta say, when I read the manga I don't picture Hattori as sounding like Joey Wheeler.

Already buying the manga but still not sure if I want to get the anime
Divineking

Heard it was an LA dub too, but I guess an NY cast isn;t too bad. This looks like a pretty solid cast from the NY lineup, and I guess with things going south for 4 Kids, those actors can use the money...
stejomusic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Its such a weird yet interesting mix of VA's mostly NY but I saw one from la and one from Texas lol. Looking forward to it Smile
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, an NY dub. Almost never hear those anymore. Lookin' forward to hearing Veronica Taylor and Marc Diraison again, that'll be nostalgic. Smile
Echo_City

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Wow, 3 cast members I've heard of. It's nice to see Veronica Taylor continue to break out of her Pokemon typecasting.

I feared for this dub when I heard Bang/Zoom was supposed to be creating the dub, but if it is indeed some other company, then that's awesome. I thought Bang/Zoom had previously announced that demand for their anime dubs was so low that they were "threatening" to leave the field? If this change in dub companies is true, and a result of Bang/Zoom being ousted from the market, then I applaud whomever is responsible for that. Very Happy

Back to the show, I'm hoping that the dub is awesome. If Eric P. Sherman isn't involved, the odds of that improve dramatically in my eyes.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:19 pm Reply with quote
My interest in Bakuman just went from "none" to "a little intrigued".

It's hard to overlook a Veronica Taylor sighting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quote
So,"Bakuman" is getting an English language dub. That's great!!! I've read much of the manga and I think it deserves a dub. To be honest,there's an anime that I hope they do something with a similar theme. It's about a Japanese girl who's great ambition is to be a voice actress in both Japanese and American animation,and not just dubbing it into Japanese. She likes American animation as much as her own nation's animation and wants to do both. What do you guys think about that?
Echo_City

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
So,"Bakuman" is getting an English language dub. That's great!!! I've read much of the manga and I think it deserves a dub. To be honest,there's an anime that I hope they do something with a similar theme. It's about a Japanese girl who's great ambition is to be a voice actress in both Japanese and American animation,and not just dubbing it into Japanese. She likes American animation as much as her own nation's animation and wants to do both. What do you guys think about that?
I'll tell you that the first thing that comes to mind when I read that sentence is the older anime entitled Rec, though I don't recall if it truly meets those parameters (it wasn't a show that kept my interest for long).
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Definitely an interesting cast list! I dont know how Media Blasters does streaming, but I do hope they stream it somewhere. I'd like to watch it before I buy, even though I absolutely love the manga.
Forte-sama

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote
So Ash, Sonic, Dr. Eggman, and Misty are all in this series? Lol. Well, looks like I've got something else to maybe add to my "want" list.
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:34 pm Reply with quote
So a NY dub for the most part with Stephanie Sheh as well even if the article spelled her name wrong. Could be interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote
I wish this was on Blu-ray.. STOP WITH THE DVD ONLY RELEASES!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quote
There have been an instance or two of Bang Zoom doing the script and translation for Media Blasters, but ultimately someone else doing the dub. That could have been the case here. Anyway, it will be nice to hear a NY dub again. I may buy it just to hear Dan Green.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2