• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Canadian Anime on TV News

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
American Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know if YTV is available on comcast regular Question
It would stink(not the word I want) if it wasn't because it would take alot of work to switch to satellite or a digi-cable comp. just for 1 channel
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Uhh... it's a Canadian channel, not available in the United States as far as I know unless you can somehow find a way to subscribe to Bell ExpressVu in Illinois.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KawaiiKitty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I'm so happy! The Teletoon thing is surprising though. Never thought Teletoon would air that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping it convinces Teletoon to pick up more anime later, but since you could claim that the Animatrix isn't "anime" in the truest sense, probably not.

It would be interesting if they went after Naruto. The potential of that franchise may be enough to entice even Teletoon, especially considering it'll almost definitely be dubbed in Canada as well.
KawaiiKitty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Teletoon? After Naruto? I don't think it's going to happen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm thinking Teletoon's far more likely to decide Canadian viewers want to see back-to-back, Telefilm Canada-subsidized episodes of Zeroman every evening (and then repeated a couple of times overnight) than they are going to follow Cartoon Network's lead and put on more anime.

Not that I'd care one way or the other about them getting Naruto, since I don't give a flying... umm... squirrel about Naruto.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Neither do I really. Not even sure why I'm even trying to make the effort of keeping up with the show, but it would be a great foot in the door much like Inuyasha was for YTV.

But who am I kidding? The show is probably going to Bionix in September. We should just be thankful that Teletoon is playing The Venture Brothers next month.
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:25 am Reply with quote
Canada is being more libral when it comes to cenoring stuff on TV, so they might show more anime on TV.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1