• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cartoon Network Summer 2005 Kick-Off

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm definetely watching this. Never seen the Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo anime, and I'd like to see how ShoPro (now Viz media) handled the dub of Naruto

Last edited by kusanagi-sama on Mon May 30, 2005 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Laruto

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:34 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
I'm definetely watching this. Never seen the Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo anime, and I'd like to see how ShoPro (now Viz media) Naruto handled the dub.

I watched it earlier this morning around 11:00 am they didn't seem to have the dub itself but the raw product ruff, the same be said for bobobob(What ever), but IGPX is crazy and good looking. The fall season for toonami is looking good for those toonami fans. Also they showed One Piece upcoming eps and Zatchbell eps, Tom even Joked about luffy being his friend Awww that was cute". However since witnessing naruto on TV for the first time the animation looks foggy and pale comparing to the other series like One Piece, Zatchbell and IGPx who's animation Looks Bright and shinny, Naruto looks yuk yuk blah on TV, I just hope the animation doesn't make it fall flat with kids.
midori kou

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I've seen Bobobo-bo in my anime club at school and it's much weirder than Excel Saga.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:25 pm Reply with quote
From what I saw of the video quality of Naruto, Cartoon Network recieved a low quality transfer like that of a fansub. Maybe when it airs the video quality will be much sharper.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Laruto

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:28 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
From what I saw of the video quality of Naruto, Cartoon Network recieved a low quality transfer like that of a fansub. Maybe when it airs the video quality will be much sharper.

Good to hear!
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Eh, wasn't really expecting the Naruto dub yet. The clips actually used raw audio, but no talking, just some grunts and groans. Naruto normally has a faded look durring the early battles, that's just the style they use, it's a foging effect.

Funny how this is the Summer preview, yet they're calling the Toonami shows the new Fall line-up.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo... WTF Fighting with your hair. Laughing I thought guys that wear dress and swimsuits were a no no. I guess CN really has changed over the years. Atleast I'm sure I will get a good laugh.

I guess we won't really hear voices until a couple of weeks before Naruto hits the air. My guess is that they are still casting the parts. I hope, come September, they get as far as later part of the exams.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
CaptainRisu

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:
However since witnessing naruto on TV for the first time the animation looks foggy and pale comparing to the other series.

i'm gonna bet u they were showing scenes from the fights with mist-nin, where everyone is fighting in thick fog. naruto's animation is pretty decent.
Laruto

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo... WTF Fighting with your hair. Laughing I thought guys that wear dress and swimsuits were a no no. I guess CN really has changed over the years. Atleast I'm sure I will get a good laugh.

I guess we won't really hear voices until a couple of weeks before Naruto hits the air. My guess is that they are still casting the parts. I hope, come September, they get as far as later part of the exams.

I mean if 4Kids could air Ultimate muscle and show kid muscle going drag and pissing himself all the time why can't Toonami?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm not usually one to be picky about dubs & all, but I'm already unsure about Naruto's. Might just be a personal quirk, but the fanboy pronounciation of Naruto's name as "nuh-ROOOOOOOOOO-do" really gets on my nerves, and hearing it used on this preview thingy...yeah. I hope that this time, it's just a fault of Toonami's people though (seeing as it was the programming block's narrator that said it), and that they didn't pick it up from any dialogue in the episodes they've received. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Izlude

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Thats exactly how "Naruto" is supposed to be pronounced >_>

I always hear the fanboys pronounce it - "Nah-Roo-Toe" <_<
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
I'm not usually one to be picky about dubs & all, but I'm already unsure about Naruto's. Might just be a personal quirk, but the fanboy pronounciation of Naruto's name as "nuh-ROOOOOOOOOO-do" really gets on my nerves, and hearing it used on this preview thingy...yeah. I hope that this time, it's just a fault of Toonami's people though (seeing as it was the programming block's narrator that said it), and that they didn't pick it up from any dialogue in the episodes they've received. Confused

Heh, that's exactly what I thought when a friend of mine called me saying he saw a commerical for "NarUUUUUUUtoe" and something about him going to "Leaf School." He thought it was funny (being a real big fan of the series himself and actually knowing how to say the names).

If this initial mispronuciation is a sign of things to come, then the dub will probably be on the level of Gundam SEED or Inu Yasha, decent overall but with a few things to nitpick at from the more zealous fans about name pronuncuations or translations (you can count on me being one of them Razz).

At this point though, I could care less. If I start complaining, people will call me a "dub hater" because those people will end up "LUVING teH NarUUUTOe voicES11!!" or whatever. But until I actually hear it, I'll reserve my criticism.

Oh well, as long as the DVD has a Japanese langauge option, I'll be cool...
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Oooh starts in about fifteen minutes for me. I wonder if they'll show Naruto's sexy-no-jutsu....?(j/k, j/k! I's have to lock my brother up, he's pretty bent on seeing the series.)
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:07 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
Oooh starts in about fifteen minutes for me. I wonder if they'll show Naruto's sexy-no-jutsu....?(j/k, j/k! I's have to lock my brother up, he's pretty bent on seeing the series.)

My guess is that because this is on Toonami, the shots of him doing Sexy-no-jutsu will be edited out.
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I was just joking. Right now I'm sitting with the laptop in front of the TV. I saw a bit of the preview this morning, but I didn't see Bo-bo-bo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3