• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Princess Tutu Delay

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khryoleoz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:22 pm Reply with quote
We've got Kaleido Star coming. Let's overcome this "snag" and move along with this other great Junichi Sato title. Whoohoo!
TheoryGirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:54 pm Reply with quote
I wish they'd get this volume out. I told my boyfriend I wouldn't force him to watch PT until volume 2 comes out....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
andrael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:47 am Reply with quote
So, wait, this is basically the exact same news as before -- that Volume 2 has hit a "snag" and they don't know when it's going to be released.

Which wasn't exactly happy news to begin with. Crying or Very sad
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:59 am Reply with quote
TheoryGirl wrote:
I wish they'd get this volume out. I told my boyfriend I wouldn't force him to watch PT until volume 2 comes out....

I dunno, I'm a guy and I loved PT disc 1. I'm a big fan of Sato's in general, though.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:05 am Reply with quote
Yep, same old news as far as the delay is concerned. I would think a "snag" with the licensor over packaging wouldn't take too long, but... Guess I'll just be patient, as long as I know that it actually is coming out. I love this series a lot, though, so it's very disappointing to have to wait this long.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:52 am Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
TheoryGirl wrote:

I dunno, I'm a guy and I loved PT disc 1. I'm a big fan of Sato's in general, though.

Same here. I've found a lot of stuff that Junichi Sato has worked on to be very enjoyable. I just started watching Magic User's Club again lately so hopefully that I'll hold me over while I wait endlessly for more of Tutu and KStar to be released.

I could see why guys might be turned off from trying Tutu, though, even from the title alone. My interest in the series originally came solely from the fact that it was done by some of the same staff as Magic User's Club (my favorite series), and I was a little hesitant about it, since the ballet theme didn't seem too appealing to me. I was hooked immediately after the first ep., though. I would say if there's any interest at all in trying the series, then you should give it a shot. Wink
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:47 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
I could see why guys might be turned off from trying Tutu, though, even from the title alone. My interest in the series originally came solely from the fact that it was done by some of the same staff as Magic User's Club (my favorite series), and I was a little hesitant about it, since the ballet theme didn't seem too appealing to me. I was hooked immediately after the first ep., though. I would say if there's any interest at all in trying the series, then you should give it a shot. Wink

I was one of those guys originally turned off by the title and the fact it's a magical girl series, but I tried it anyway based on a strong recommendation offered on another site. The first episode interested me enough to get me to watch the second, and that's the one that hooked me. (Hey, any series that can pull off a heartfelt dance scene involving an anteater in a tutu without making it look silly deserves serious consideration.)

The continuing wait is annoying. I hope they get this "snag" straightened out soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheoryGirl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:27 am Reply with quote
I know that he'll like it as soon as he actually sees it, but he's really hesitant due to the title and the whole "ballerina magical girl concept." But back when Vol. 2 was supposed to come out in March, I told him I wouldn't force it until that came out (since that has the best Fakia stuff Anime smile), and so now I have to stick to what I said.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:46 am Reply with quote
Still, this wait has been frustrating. When I first heard about Princess Tutu, I'll admit that I was taken aback. I think the ballerina concept and the cutesy art turned me off back then. After the first DVD came out, I finally decided to take a look at it after seeing the the preview episode on one of ADV's ADVocate discs. I really enjoyed the first DVD, and now I want more. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1