• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece Kaizoku Musou PS3 Game's 3-Minute Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeikobu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:29 pm Reply with quote
So in spite of promoting the spoiler[post-time jump] stuff, the game seems to be rehashing a lot of old stuff from the series. Is this going to really be more of a flashback game or can we expect to play in an up-to-date, new setting? Can I also assume this is an RPG?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
xScar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Jeikobu wrote:
So in spite of promoting the spoiler[post-time jump] stuff, the game seems to be rehashing a lot of old stuff from the series. Is this going to really be more of a flashback game or can we expect to play in an up-to-date, new setting? Can I also assume this is an RPG?

I was going to ask the same thing. All we've seen up to is Arlong, yet all the promos (even the limited ed. PS3) has post-time skip designs. I really hope we get the new settings or I might not get this after all.
Keiichi-chan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quote
considering most games follow the anime storyline, most time-skip stuff would be kinda spoilery, i'm guessing. also, this game is still in development, so i'm guessing they'll be tons of timeskip stuff the closer it gets to release date.
burnpsy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:31 pm Reply with quote
That, and I recall hearing that this covers everything in the manga so far, so only showing up to Arlong didn't surprise me.
MetatronM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:48 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure what you're talking about by only showing Arlong stuff. Most of the gameplay they had shown prior to this was all current manga stuff, with Sabaody as the stage. Even Luffy's most recent power-ups are in the game.

The point is more that this game apparently really does cover ALL of the series, from the beginning.

I'm really curious to see Skypiea and Enies Lobby stuff.
darkarcon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Jeikobu wrote:

it's a musou game, so you spend every stage beating up hordes of nameless marines/pirates until you meet a boss/leader. it has RPG elements, but definitely not a RPG.
as to what arcs the game takes place, i for one don't really care much. it's more about being able to pick your favorite pirate and just destroying hordes of enemies.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:05 pm Reply with quote
i hope this comes to the u.s, i can't be asked to pay over $100 dollars for a video game, especially seeing as its just a dynasty warriors clone.

Sucks that one piece isn't as big over in the u.s as Naruto\bleach, i blame funimation for being so slow with their releases.
Son-kun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I hope this game enables online and local co-op for the main campaign mode. Unlike DW Gundam 3, which only offered online co-op for specific missions. In any case, if the game does somehow make it to the states, I'm hoping Omega Force polishes up on it a bit after the Japanese release much like they did with Fist of the North Star.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1