• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animax to Stream Kurozuka Series on Crackle

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DRWii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote
*Sigh* I really wish this would've gotten a US Blu-ray release, but that seems to be impossible now. I don't really get why this wasn't licensed.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:27 pm Reply with quote
How does a streaming only site make it seem impossible for a distributor that does physical releases to license this show?
DRWii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
How does a streaming only site make it seem impossible for a distributor that does physical releases to license this show?

Okay, I probably shouldn't have said "impossible," but I was under the impression that if an anime was streaming on Crackle and wasn't already picked up for distribution, that was a sign it probably wouldn't get released. If there are examples that prove otherwise, feel free to share them; I'd love to be proven wrong.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:52 pm Reply with quote
You're putting the cart before the horse. The show wasn't licensed in NA for almost 4 years prior to Crackle's announcement.
Supermutant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:00 pm Reply with quote
By the way it's also on roku through Crackle. I know mention they posted episodes on YouTube but those who have the roku can watch it too.
Mytopia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
If anyone has a huge library of anime titles, it's Animax. They have a large number of rare, underrated gems that haven't even been fansubbed, let alone licensed. It would be great if they started releasing those on Crackle.
DRWii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
The show wasn't licensed in NA for almost 4 years prior to Crackle's announcement.

Yeah, I probably should have mentioned that in my original post. It's just not what was immediately on my mind after reading this announcement.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Will they be streamed in Canada? They do stream some titles here but when they streamed this one on Youtube it wasn't made available here...
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't say that Kurozuka streaming on Crackle will keep it from getting licensed. If anything, it streaming allows the series to potentially reach a larger audience and if companies see that people are checking it out then one of them might license it for a home video release... Plus, it has a brand-spanking-new English dub, which probably will make it look even more appealing.

Mytopia wrote:
If anyone has a huge library of anime titles, it's Animax. They have a large number of rare, underrated gems that haven't even been fansubbed, let alone licensed. It would be great if they started releasing those on Crackle.

That is true. I would love to see series like Captain, Kochikame, Saint Seiya Hades, One Outs, Fighting Beauty Wulong, Ginga Densetsu Weed, and Ring ni Kakero 1 appear on Crackle, either subbed or even dubbed.
Mytopia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
I wouldn't say that Kurozuka streaming on Crackle will keep it from getting licensed. If anything, it streaming allows the series to potentially reach a larger audience and if companies see that people are checking it out then one of them might license it for a home video release... Plus, it has a brand-spanking-new English dub, which probably will make it look even more appealing.

Mytopia wrote:

That is true. I would love to see series like Captain, Kochikame, Saint Seiya Hades, One Outs, Fighting Beauty Wulong, Ginga Densetsu Weed, and Ring ni Kakero 1 appear on Crackle, either subbed or even dubbed.

Yeah, and for a lot of these rare shows, they've actually already translated them (both subs and dubs for the most part) and were the first to do so, and in many cases, they are the only available English versions of said shows. Since they have the subs and dubs of these rare shows lying around in a vault somewhere, it'd be great if they released it on Crackle for the general public (it'd be a shame otherwise for them to be rotting away).
B-503_MIA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Crackle is ok, I watch through my Roku box. My only gripe is that they have commercials like Hulu, I like my shows uninterrupted like how Netflix & CR do it - just a preference...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1