• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spice and Wolf Among New U.K. Titles Reported on Anime-on-Line

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volibear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote
o wow, i truly never thought Spice and Wolf would get a release here, i really hope this is true
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:15 am Reply with quote
It wasn't a question of "if", but "when" and by "who". and seeing as it's a FUNi title I'm quite surprised MVM got it and not the other UK distributor that starts with the letter M. Laughing
andyos
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:50 am Reply with quote
The Anime-on-line page claims that Wolf and Spice will be released by Manga.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:06 am Reply with quote
Then it becomes "If" again. This is Manga after all.
Yupa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:09 am Reply with quote
That's great news, although I just bought the US release of both seasons. Razz
Takuku

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:14 am Reply with quote
Still a case of 'when' too, as I would be surprised if not a single release is delayed.
Yupa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:18 am Reply with quote
Looking at the list of releases, does anyone know why Birdy the Mighty gets a rerelease on April 16th?
Didn't they already release it a few months ago?
I was thinking of buying it, but now I don't know if I should wait for the new release.
Takuku

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:27 am Reply with quote
Yupa wrote:
Looking at the list of releases, does anyone know why Birdy the Mighty gets a rerelease on April 16th?
Didn't they already release it a few months ago?
I was thinking of buying it, but now I don't know if I should wait for the new release.

Past releases of Birdy have only been in parts. The upcoming one contains both released parts.
Basically like almost any other Manga release as of late, split it up and put it back together later on.
Yupa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote
I see, thanks. I guess I'll just go for the two parts that are already released.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:00 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to:

Spice and Wolf (both seasons) - but may import from the u.s. as the Blu-ray releases are Region B compatible
Angel Beats! - glad to see it's getting a u.k. Blu-ray release
Clannad - I want it on Blu-ray but Manga UK's release will be available for really cheap eventually (compared to the expensive u.s. DVD releases) and the u.s. Blu-rays I'm pretty sure are region locked (maybe there's a BD release in australia?)
K-ON! - I'm glad they're releasing a complete collection in case the singles go out of print before I get round to getting them and because the complete set will be cheaper (still might buy those singles though)
Roujin Z - I already own one of CPM's DVD releases, but am happy to double dip both because it's BD and also because CPM's old release probably leaves something to be desired on the video front by DVD standards.
Takuku

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:02 am Reply with quote
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:24 am Reply with quote
Takuku wrote:

I'm not trying to be punitive or anything, but this is just giving me more incentive to import the u.s. Blu-ray releases (though there is something to be said for having a DVD set as a loaner for interested friends, I don't want to spend the extra money on buying it twice just for that). Is there any possibility of a u.k. BD release (because I do want to support the local industry)?
andyos
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote
I've added a note about Manga's tweet that it hasn't signed the contract for Spice and Wolf. However, while it says the date has 'moved' to June 4, that was the same date given on Anime-on-line last week - I didn't see any earlier release dates announced.
Takuku

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote
andyos wrote:
I've added a note about Manga's tweet that it hasn't signed the contract for Spice and Wolf. However, while it says the date has 'moved' to June 4, that was the same date given on Anime-on-line last week - I didn't see any earlier release dates announced.

Knowing Manga, they have messed up their dates. Probably can expect further delays.

UtenaAnthy wrote:
Is there any possibility of a u.k. BD release (because I do want to support the local industry)?

I presume that if there was a chance of a BD release, it would already be listed. Unless Manga have learnt a lesson and decided to hold off on announcing one. I doubt they have though based on the mess up with the DVD.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1