• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This is the craziest seller I've ever seen!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingyabo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:17 pm Reply with quote
http://cgi.ebay.com/Japanese-Anime-Shop-Owners-Soul-Surprisingly-Cheap_W0QQitemZ6003107516

There's some woman on eBay selling her "soul" in the name of anime?! For $100, she will give you a five year membership, making her your personal Anime merchendise dealer. You get discounts on everything, a free gift, and you can choose her cosplay outfit for one convention(which is cool cause she's pretty hot^_-). I'm gonna buy a membership, cause I've never even heard of someone doing this before. What a weird idea Laughing
Yukinos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I should do the same. Just to drum up business, of course. But since we don't have a website yet, you'd have to be from Calgary. Anime smile
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:47 pm Reply with quote
kingyabo wrote:
I'm gonna buy a membership, cause I've never even heard of someone doing this before. What a weird idea

When a person's first post is a link, it's hard to not assume that they are linking to their own site/sale.

None the less, this can stay because its topical... although rather dumb.

-t
kingyabo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I'm a guy. My name is Brian and my website is http://tenyearsafter.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp . I've never even met the person in that auction. I just got the link sent to me by a friend and found it to be pretty funny. You know what they say about assumptions, right? You make an ass out of you, and umptions. And I don't understand why it was moved, either? The seller is a retail seller who is posting an auction?! But hey, what do I know. I'm just some dumb guy, right?
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:09 pm Reply with quote
she sells some good stuff too. this might be something to look into.
Ataru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Here's a question, why is the quantity 75? I mean, shouldn't there one, unless they selling parts of the soul. If I have the money to burn, I'll go for the left big toe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Here's a question, why is the quantity 75? I mean, shouldn't there one, unless they selling parts of the soul.

To quote the auction:
Quote:
My Soul for Sale!

Bit by bit by . . .

Yep, just parts.

It is a good deal though, Most of her DVDs are only $20 before the 25% discount.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Everybody has a price for the Million Dollar Man (just an old saying I love from the 80s days of wrestling)

Anyway, it just comes to show that just about ANYTHING is for sell on the wonderful world of ebay.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kingyabo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:02 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
she sells some good stuff too. this might be something to look into.

THANK YOU! Geez, that was all I was trying to say. It's a silly little auction that a friend pointed out to me. Now, I got the Editor grilling my left and right and making accusations. Did everyone here get treated like shit when they first arrived here, or is it just me?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1