• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Plans Release for Squid Girl Season 2 TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silencer226

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:05 pm Reply with quote
This... makes me happy. I didn't think I'd like a lighthearted show like this at first but I did, just waiting for the bd of season 1.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:05 pm Reply with quote
They can plan all they want. But untill disk hits shelf, you'll forgive me for not taking MB on thier word on this one.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
They can plan all they want. But untill disk hits shelf, you'll forgive me for not taking MB on thier word on this one.

Quoted for troofiness. I wish it was otherwise, but MB announcements mean squat to me these days. Hope it comes true, though.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Well I guess Squid Girl Season 1 did well for them.. I am holding out for the Blu-ray.. Anyway..... Where in the hell is my Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei!?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:18 pm Reply with quote
YAY!!! Season 2!! I already own all of season 1 (got both DVDs in a one week timespan!)! Thanks MB!
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Well I guess Squid Girl Season 1 did well for them.. I am holding out for the Blu-ray.. Anyway..... Where in the hell is my Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei!?

Unfortunately, I think SZS will be in need of a rescue. I think MB is pussyfooting around it because they can't afford Shaft anymore.

As for Squid Girl, let's see if they last long enough to put it out on disc.
Prede

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
rootsofjustice wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

Unfortunately, I think SZS will be in need of a rescue. I think MB is pussyfooting around it because they can't afford Shaft anymore.

This doesn't make any sense. They already licensed the show, so why would that matter now? They already paid the up-front costs. Besides they didn't license it from Shaft, that's not how it works. They had to go through Starchild Records (iirc). And why would Shaft stuff cost more anyway?
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Sweet I hope they can all so get the ova and release that to
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Thank you Media Blasters! I'll keep my fingers crossed until it becomes official.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reibooi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:40 pm Reply with quote
I had asked this because it seemed no one in the thread about the Lodoss Wars being cancelled seemed to know or care how Squid girl did and I wanted to know if there was even a chance we might get season 2 so not even expecting a response cause reps normally don't say anything I just asked on facebook and was shocked I got a answer.

I was gonna submit it as a news tip for ANN but I was quite busy today and figured someone else would or they would find it anyway and it seems they did.

Either way it's nice to know the show is being planned if it makes it to release is another question but for now at least I'm happy.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Good news, but you'll all forgive me if I don't jump for joy until the discs come in the mail.
The Tentacle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Good news, but you'll all forgive me if I don't jump for joy until the discs come in the mail.

I mirror your sentiments.

It probably doesn't help our chances that it takes so long to get anything released these days. If MB follows the same plan as they did with season one we might wind up waiting until the fourth quarter (or later) for the second half of season two to hit the shelves.

If that's the case the least MB could do is add the upcoming OVA to the second half as a bonus
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Wow Shocked So there is hope after all

Were the Season 1 blu-rays released? I was waiting for it but did not preorder. Rightstuf says more arriving but Amazon says it's on preorder until April 10
EDIT: nevermind, the blurb explained it
Prede

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Reibooi wrote:
I had asked this because it seemed no one in the thread about the Lodoss Wars being cancelled seemed to know or care how Squid girl did and I wanted to know if there was even a chance we might get season 2 so not even expecting a response cause reps normally don't say anything I just asked on facebook and was shocked I got a answer.

I was gonna submit it as a news tip for ANN but I was quite busy today and figured someone else would or they would find it anyway and it seems they did.

Either way it's nice to know the show is being planned if it makes it to release is another question but for now at least I'm happy.

Thanks for asking. Hey yah never know, sometimes you get a response.
OniTasku

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Considering the problems that Media Blasters has been dealing with lately, I take this "news" with a grain of salt.

The first season release has seen numerous setbacks, both in the form of a partial-DVD release, only to be canceled, rescheduled as a blu-ray release (once they acquired it) and then have had a few delays.

This isn't to also forget about the major QC problems with Media Blasters discs.

That said, if (and that's a big 'if') we ever get a season 2 release from MB, I'll gladly purchase it. Until then, I remain a skeptic and won't believe it until I see it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2