• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Reissues Loveless in Omnibus, 6 Titles Digitally

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xScar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quote
While it's nice that they're finally showing some love to Hikaru no Go, it would be better if they showed love to Hunter x Hunter. It has multiple volumes that are already well over $30 on resellers because it's OOP -- which is weird since they are still publishing newer volumes, you would think they would keep the older volumes in print too. It sucks that I can't recommend some of my favorite manga to friends because there is simply no where to get it.

I have the same problem with Monster Sad

Put them on digital soon, Viz!
perroloco

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:37 am Reply with quote
What??
What volumes?? I have got 1-15 IIRC.. Maybe because of the new anime they could reprint some.. Though that is unlikely :/
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:37 am Reply with quote
well I already have TP's Loveless volumes, so unless Viz's omnibuses are beautiful I guess I'll just wait till September for vol. 9

I also want them to reprint earlier Hunter x Hunter volumes. I've been really really getting into the new anime and would like to (legally) read the manga but I just cant find a single volume in used book stores. I'm hoping they'll announce putting it into an omnibus one day...
geishageek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:26 am Reply with quote
I'm with you Kawaiibunny. Unless the Omnibus volumes are some super exciting item to behold, I will stick with my singles; though they may be yellowed and a tiny bit tattered from over reading.

Viz has a lot of series that they need to do re-prints for. Monster being one of them. I would love to be Omnibus volumes of that released at some point, since they will not give us the rest of the TV series.
xScar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:05 am Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:

Viz has a lot of series that they need to do re-prints for. Monster being one of them. I would love to be Omnibus volumes of that released at some point, since they will not give us the rest of the TV series.

I would love the kanzenban versions of Monster too! Even though I have the original 18 volumes, I would buy it again if they put it those out. I was looking on Amazon.ca the other day and noticed they had the French editions of 'em and was totally jealous. French are lucky Sad
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote
kawaiibunny3 wrote:
well I already have TP's Loveless volumes, so unless Viz's omnibuses are beautiful I guess I'll just wait till September for vol. 9

I also want them to reprint earlier Hunter x Hunter volumes. I've been really really getting into the new anime and would like to (legally) read the manga but I just can't find a single volume in used book stores. I'm hoping they'll announce putting it into an omnibus one day...

Same here, mate. I'm glad they opted for 2-in-1s instead of 3-in-1s, since I find the latter to be a bit too heavy and hard to hold while reading (unless they up the tankoban's size as well, ala With The Light). All the same, I'm eternally grateful to see Loveless rescued from release limbo!
perroloco

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote
@X Scar:
Its not only french.. is on Spain too and Italy and IIRC Germany..
US really has this tendency not to buy the editions from Japan but to make their own edition..
I.e. Instead of Kanzenban we get VizBig instead of ONE PIECE LOGs, Naruto Daikans or BLEACH resurrected soul we get 3-in-1 (which are pretty much the same thing.. kinda)

Anyway if you know Spanish I'd recommend you buy Monster Kanzenban from Spain, Spain really, really, REALLY, loves Kanzenbans, heck they are gonna edit the Bastard Kanzenban which is $30 per volume (even in Japan is expensive) as for Hikaru No Go in July its kanzenban is gonna be released on France.. I really wanted to buy it since I haven't support the series and it was pretty much my first online manga (Along with HxH and Ichigo 100% which I had already supported) but the price is 15 Euros per volume!! (Hardcover)

TL:DR If its OOP by Viz its probably published in other country too, so go check :p
dragon695

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I do not trust Viz to honestly and accurately translate Loveless due to the shounen-ai and shotacon themes.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:56 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
I do not trust Viz to honestly and accurately translate Loveless due to the shounen-ai and shotacon themes.

Give them a chance. At least SOMEONE is translating it.

and I'm not getting the omnibuses unless they're AMAZING. I already own volumes 1-8
Alexis.Anagram

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:16 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:

Yeah, not too excited about ViZ being the one to pick Loveless up, but at least it's going to be released. Counting my blessings.

So I guess volume 9 got pushed back to September? Shame. I might buy the omnibuses for my sister even though I own the TP editions, since she recently got interested in the series. If they're quality, I'd like to support the ongoing production of the series under its new publisher.
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:31 am Reply with quote
I wish Viz would put Ranma 1/2, Case Closed, and Fullmetal Alchemist.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:39 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:

I have my reservations too, but I will give them a chance.

And I too would be overjoyed if they would reprint Naoki Urasawa's Monster as I only managed to get hold of 4 or 5 volumes before the series became prohibitively expensive.
NRProductions

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:22 am Reply with quote
NRProductions wrote:

1. The mods are going to be annoyed at you for necroposting.
2. Internet Petitions are dumb, and you really shouldn't assume that making one will get a company to release or re-release a title unless they are sure they can make a decent profit.
3. Viz already announced a week ago that they are going to be reprinting Monster in Omnibus form.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:21 pm Reply with quote
NRProductions wrote:

I got this spammed to my PM box too. So they seem to be making their rounds.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2