• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Crunchyroll to Announce Spring 2012 Simulcast Lineup

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volibear

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:37 am Reply with quote
i look forward to it, lot of good looking titles this season, hopefully CR got most of them locked up for us
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:53 am Reply with quote
Since this was issued, they have also added Poyopoyo to the list of continuing titles.

It should also be noted that aside from the 3 new simulcasts already announced earlier in the month, there are 12 boxes already listed for new simulcasts (which represents the minimum number of new simulcasts, as they have in past seasons often added a few boxes as the announcements progressed).
loka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quote
So it's a news article about them saying they will announce titles in the future. That was so informative.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I hate announcements of announcements.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Oh what a damned tease. Well, I hope to see at least some of Kids on the Slope, Jormungand, Lupin III - The Woman Named Fujiko Mine and Zetman announced. What they have so far isn't really lighting my world on fire, although I should probably give Space Brothers a chance, even if it does sound like the name of a something scrambling to fill the void left by the closure of Dippin' Dots.

Megiddo wrote:

I think that the worst thing in the world would be an announcement of an announcement for an award show where award shows win awards... FOR BEING HITLER!

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

But its not just an announcement of announcements, its also confirmation of which series they'll be streaming under ongoing licenses.

loka wrote:
So it's a news article about them saying they will announce titles in the future. That was so informative.

If it was a news article, it would say "News: ...". It says "PR: ...", so its a press release from them teasing their announcements that start today.
shukero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote
There is like1 new title in that simalcast announcement. Looks like I'll have to subfan most of those Sad this sucks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote
This reminds of that comment that CrunchyRoll must have a hard time getting massive viewership for some titles with so little time to advertise them before they start airing.
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
There is like1 new title in that simalcast announcement. Looks like I'll have to subfan most of those Sad this sucks.

You're joking, right? This was not the announcement of new titles, its (1) confirming which titles are continuing, and (2) saying that the new title announcement start on Thursday (started today).

Of course the confirmation of what titles are continuing doesn't have "many new titles" ~ that's what
Crunchyroll wrote:
... The following titles from the winter 2012 season will continue for the spring 2012 season ...
... means. These are continuing titles, not new ones.

They've already got 5 new simulcasts announced, from early starts and the two announced today, and have 10 more new series already signed, sealed and delivered, with [?] boxes yet to be announced. And normally additional [?] boxes show up during the announcement, as negotiations that were in progress are completed.

They'll end up with 25 to 30 simulcasts altogether, counting both continuing and new series.
shukero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote
@agila61

Sorry skipped over the "continue" part, but if they don't get the contracts signed before the beginning of public airing; you know where all of the fans will go to get these new series, which won't help anyone but the fansubs popularity.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
superdry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:28 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
@agila61

Sorry skipped over the "continue" part, but if they don't get the contracts signed before the beginning of public airing; you know where all of the fans will go to get these new series, which won't help anyone but the fansubs popularity.

I can only imagine CR wanting to get the contracts signed as soon as possible so they can air them as fast as possible.

Funico on the other hand...they'll probably announce what they'll "simulcast" half-way into the new season. LOL.

I do hope CR is able to get Accel World and Medaka Box.
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
@agila61

Crunchyroll clearly knows the importance, since the majority of their simulcasts last season were within 2 hours of airtime ... if there are still licensors that don't understand it, well, at least the number who don't grasp that seems to be dropping.

We know that Crunchyroll has around 22 new or continuing series already signed, based on announcements already and boxes yet to announce.

Now, if they announce some additional ones, some on time and some late ~ well, that's worse than announcing them all on time, but its better than never getting the extra ones at all. Its not like streaming a title late creates more fansub popularity than if its not streamed at all.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Wouldn't it be quicker for CR to announce what they're not simulcasting?
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Wouldn't it be quicker for CR to announce what they're not simulcasting?

Well, the true question is, how many of those are anime, and how many are dramas?
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:31 pm Reply with quote
They seem to have been missing a lot of UK licenses since that guy who did the licensing left them.

Not that it bothers me too much. Yarrrr!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2