• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Stream List: April 2-8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zendervai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:15 pm Reply with quote
The Anime Network has Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi? Maybe that means a license rescue.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Waiting in the Summer should also be added to the Anime Network simulcast schedule, for Tuesday @ 1:00pm EST.
triangle_man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
My understanding is that Anime Network was an ADV thing, which would now make it a (Section23/Seraphim/whatever branch got it) thing? So unless the license has expired they still have it...
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:56 am Reply with quote
And Sankarea should be added to the list of shows FUNimation plans on streaming.
Arsenette

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:00 am Reply with quote
.. .still laughing at the My Little Pony reference.. Laughing
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:13 am Reply with quote
Black Rock Shooter episode 7 also went up with 8 on FUNi just like they did on nico.

Anyone know why Crunchyroll isn't talking about Fate/Zero 2? They quietly put it down as a returning title when the list first went up, but never really made a big deal about it returning. It hasn't been put on the front page simulcast list and there's no placeholder on the Fate/Zero section for episode 14 even though the episode has already aired in Japan. So what kind of delay could we be looking at here, I don't remember the first season being delayed (though I ended up just watching all the episodes at once after it finished so maybe it was?).

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:58 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Anyone know why Crunchyroll isn't talking about Fate/Zero 2? They quietly put it down as a returning title when the list first went up, but never really made a big deal about it returning. It hasn't been put on the front page simulcast list and there's no placeholder on the Fate/Zero section for episode 14 even though the episode has already aired in Japan. So what kind of delay could we be looking at here, I don't remember the first season being delayed (though I ended up just watching all the episodes at once after it finished so maybe it was?).

The first season had a 1 week delay, so I would assume it's under the same contract since it's a returning series.
So, the first episode should show up on April 14.
11G4GUNOT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:31 am Reply with quote
zendervai wrote:
The Anime Network has Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi? Maybe that means a license rescue.

Anime Network VOD replays sakura wars also. lol

@crackle/animax
awesome. still waiting on you animax launch.

@crunchyroll
needed to be a VOD someday like Kabillion.

@funimation
after seeing a news about verizon fios, ones with asterisk is like PPV to me btw I'll wait and the rest great

@gundaminfo
no bandai channel, nothing

@hulu & netflix
i prefer animenewsnetwork better except a monthly subscription like funimation's elite for hulu plus and netflix for the same with blockbuster and animelane.

@niconico
funimation & nico nico douga.

@Nozomi
rightstuf, just like Manga entertainment.

@Viz media
Vizanime only first: bleach only on [adult swim], second: one piece just continuing after over 500 impossible, third: Naruto shippuden already saw "hey answerman" note about disney xd and crunchyroll also play and fourth: blue dragon wonderful take that Toonami YA-HA!

@animenewsnetwork
animenewsnetwork would be also someday another digital channel like CNN.

great news anyway
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:59 am Reply with quote
Yay, funimation is finally doing something with index! while its only a sub at the momment, I hope that to mean dubbed home releases soon, at which I'm totally gonna buy the first day!
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:21 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Crunchyroll picked up a number of streaming rights for this new season. The shows they plan to stream include [...], Nyarko-san: Another Crawling Chaos, [...]

It makes it a lot harder to follow the status of a show when you use "Haiyore! Nyaruko-san" on the spotlight page and then only the translated name in any announcements. Then again, the spolight page for "Haiyore! Nyaruko-san" (#13719) links to "Haiyoru! Nyaruani: Remember My Mr. Lovecraft" (#11791,) so that doesn't help either.

Shame about only landing on CR, now I will just have to try and remember to come back and catch the first eps sometime next month or later. You'd think N2 would have a good shot at it, with their parent-site getting the stream domestically.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:36 am Reply with quote
zendervai wrote:

This is one of the few shows i wish I had never seen. I'm sure they got it free with some other gainax license.

Quote:
@gundaminfo
no bandai channel, nothing

uhhhh, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but bandai usa closed down their business, bro.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:21 am Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Shame about only landing on CR, now I will just have to try and remember to come back and catch the first eps sometime next month or later. You'd think N2 would have a good shot at it, with their parent-site getting the stream domestically.
Crunchyroll's contract was signed weeks ago(though I wonder why), so it could be that NicoNico was simply late to the party. Could also be that Funimation passed on it and without Funi's support they simply lacked the wherewithal to outbid CR.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1