• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Limited Edition Hatsune Miku Edition PS Vita Offered

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eri94

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:57 am Reply with quote
I see so many awesome things from anime to other things come out of Japan. And I want them. But I see the price about 5 seconds later and laugh at how absurd it is. It would be nice if they would sell some of their stuff internationally instead of just price gouging their own people to make up the difference.
nght5tlkr

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:03 am Reply with quote
I would have loved to have seen a metallic/sparkle-cyan color for the Vita to coincide with the limited edition Miku edition. Or better yet, a metallic/sparkle-black with cyan trim and buttons Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:52 am Reply with quote
Eri94 wrote:
I see so many awesome things from anime to other things come out of Japan. And I want them. But I see the price about 5 seconds later and laugh at how absurd it is. It would be nice if they would sell some of their stuff internationally instead of just price gouging their own people to make up the difference.

I guess you just don't want them...enough? ;p Collectibles like these require lots of sacrificing. Something I'm not willing to make. If it had a cutie like Menma on it I'd consider.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:05 am Reply with quote
Huh - I just assumed from the way people were bitching this was about the right price.
burnpsy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:12 am Reply with quote
Price looks normal to me, compared to everything else in Japan, when you add the normal Vita price in Japan, the likely price of the game, the service you get with the Vita (though said service is useless outside of Japan) and the fact that it's a Limited Edition.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:47 am Reply with quote
Eri94 wrote:

Heck, Apple still charges $500+ for iPads even when they could easily sell it for a good discount and when they release it all over the world. So price gouging is everywhere. Laughing
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:38 am Reply with quote
That's not Miku. It's a clone. I can tell because I don't see any stripes.

Of course, any girl with green twin tails is probably mistaken for Miku anymore.

Author's note: this post was made in jest. If your stripes are now bunched from reading it, please loosen them up.

Dear Microsoft:
Instead of giving George any more money he doesn't need, how about some love to the anime industry? Start with Aria.
Razz
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:10 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

Heck, Apple still charges $500+ for iPads even when they could easily sell it for a good discount and when they release it all over the world. So price gouging is everywhere. Laughing

Ya no one can blame stuff like this solely on the Japanese. I just view everything made by Apple, Sony, or any other big name as a luxury item. We all know nothing is ever worth the plastic or electronical bits its made with. Throw a character print on it and the price jumps up $100 lol.
Flower Metal

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:50 am Reply with quote
I love it, I want to buy a PSP VIta

I will only buy Anime games, I hope a lot of Anime games get released in the US, specialy visual novels
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:00 am Reply with quote
That bundle price is actually only about £50 more than buying a PlayStation Vita, a game and a 4G memory card in the UK (that would cost about £264.97.
Shiggity

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:16 am Reply with quote
This is the PS Vita I've been waiting for!!!!111 I'mma preorder as soon as it's possible to!

I can't wait! I have some debt to pay my parents back due to them helping me go to ACen, but once that's paid off, this Vita is MINE!

Honestly, $437 for the WiFi only model (which us US residents can only really use anyway) is not that much more than a typical person would spend on Vita loot. I had originally planned on spending around that much, but that was before I had preordered the new Miku game itself separately. This'll save me around $100. I'm excited for that. I'll have to spend around $20 on the hardshell official Sony travel case, but that's okay. I can get that later down the line.

I had hope for some kind of Miku decal on the front on the console, that you actually stare at a hell of a lot more than the back touchpad, but I'm sure the screen protector adds something like that to the front. Time will tell I guess.

Last edited by Shiggity on Tue May 08, 2012 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Saffire

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:17 am Reply with quote
I don't care much about Miku, but that Crystal White design is really slick.
Shiggity

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
I don't care much about Miku, but that Crystal White design is really slick.

That's also a reason why i want this Vita so much. White is an awesome color. Smile

Also, something just dawned on me... Will the Japanese power adapter work here in the US? I know they use the same plug style etc, but what about voltage? I wouldn't wanna have my Vita fried. >_>
superdry

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote
Shiggity wrote:

Also, something just dawned on me... Will the Japanese power adapter work here in the US? I know they use the same plug style etc, but what about voltage? I wouldn't wanna have my Vita fried. >_>

It should work just fine. I've imported plenty of portable electronics from Japan and have had no problems charging them. I don't remember off the top of my head if a VITA ac adapter can accept a range of voltages (I don't have a VITA, but I can check my DS adapters).

If you are really worried, you can always buy a US AC adapter.
Shiggity

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:11 am Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Shiggity wrote:

It should work just fine. I've imported plenty of portable electronics from Japan and have had no problems charging them. I don't remember off the top of my head if a VITA ac adapter can accept a range of voltages (I don't have a VITA, but I can check my DS adapters).

If you are really worried, you can always buy a US AC adapter.

Not worried, moreso curious, but thanks. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2