• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gia's List: The 8 Craziest Anime Families

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soulfringe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Psssh, this list does not have the Midarezaki family from Kyoran Kazoku Nikki, and is therefor invalid imo. Wink
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
When Shinji finally hooks back up with his father, he's forced into piloting a giant robot at his father's behest in order to stop those aliens, and doesn't get so much as a "thank you" at the end of it.

That may be the case, though Shinji is still complemented with hearty spoiler[congratulations] once all is said and done.

EDIT: Four threes! Huzzah!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
StormSky92

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Very last list? I'm gonna miss this column.
DJcream

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I have you know that I've been reading your lists since the beginning and it has been both a healthy dose of nostalgia (good and bad), as well as a starting block into watching new series.

Thank you Gia and well wishes for what you may be doing in the future.
Machete

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I totally thought Ranma was gonna be on this list Sad
drale

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:49 pm Reply with quote
I am really, really going to miss your lists. They've been one of my primary reasons for even going to this site. A fond farewell and I hope all of your future endeavors find fruition.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Good Luck Gia on your new opportunity. I will miss this column but you can't stop a good job decision, which I'm assuming this is Wink
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:36 pm Reply with quote
I've enjoyed this column and I'm sad to see it go, but good luck, Gia, with whatever you're doing next!
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Gia for all of the awesome Lists!!! Very Happy

Sad to see it end; so many fun memories. Anime cry

But I wish you all the luck in the world with your new career move!! Mr. Green

For old times sake, I think the Sohma's from Fruit Basket have alot of nuts in their family; same with the Zoldyck family from Hunter X Hunter.
Etrien

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Whoa whoa whoa whoa. You have some major end-story spoilers for Umineko no Naku Koro ni written there!

spoiler[The biological identity of Beatrice is a huge spoiler to the series, as especially is the fact that there were three Beatrices (when we had been lead to believe there is one). Considering Umineko is part of the mystery genre, figuring these things out as the story progresses is part of the enjoyment. Wouldn't it have been sufficient to just say that Kinzo was a madman who decided to sacrifice all of his children and grandchildren in an occult ritual to revive his deceased mistress? That's the story we're given at the very beginning.]
EDIT: I just realized the irony that you put a spoiler alert for information that we get at the very beginning of the series, whereas the information prior to that was loaded with spoilers from the very end of the series...

Also, I realize the Ikaris might be the most famous/"dearest"(?) to our hearts, but I don't think they come close to number one in this case. Being a neglectful father and forcing your kid to hurt himself piloting a robot (Eva spoilers)spoiler[/his mom] still doesn't seem quite as crazy as systematically killing your offspring, or torturing and sexually violating them with rape-bugs.

All that said, hope you enjoy whatever it is you're moving on to. Smile
RDespair

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Machete wrote:

Same here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised to see that at least one other person is watching Kingdom. Smile

Sad to see the list go. Good luck with your new opportunity, Gia!
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote
RDespair wrote:
Machete wrote:

Same here.

I'm just used to older anime series not showing up here. It seems like it's mainly stuff from the last 10 years (which I think is said at the beginning of one of the columns). Cause otherwise, I so would have been expecting the Mikage family from Ayashi no Ceres to pop up as well.
Saffire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Good luck with wherever you're headed Gia! I loved the column!
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Etrien wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa. You have some major end-story spoilers for Umineko no Naku Koro ni written there!

spoiler[The biological identity of Beatrice is a huge spoiler to the series, as especially is the fact that there were three Beatrices (when we had been lead to believe there is one). Considering Umineko is part of the mystery genre, figuring these things out as the story progresses is part of the enjoyment. Wouldn't it have been sufficient to just say that Kinzo was a madman who decided to sacrifice all of his children and grandchildren in an occult ritual to revive his deceased mistress? That's the story we're given at the very beginning.]
EDIT: I just realized the irony that you put a spoiler alert for information that we get at the very beginning of the series, whereas the information prior to that was loaded with spoilers from the very end of the series...

Yeah, I quit reading once I noticed that. I didn't finish the series but I planned on buying Yen Press' manga releases. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3