• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aya Hirano Q&A

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeopower6

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote
I can't believe someone actually tried to bring up the CD destruction from a while back. Shocked

Not the right place for that at all.

Most of the other questions and answers were pretty great though! Smile
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Woot for mentioning Eternal Sonata! I would have asked her to do one of her special attack lines had I been the interviewer. :D
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Now I'm wondering which Katja-sama line she said. Would have loved to hear that. She's got a lot of great perverted lines.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote
zeopower6 wrote:
I can't believe someone actually tried to bring up the CD destruction from a while back. Shocked

The entire audience was shocked too and we all screamed noooo when the translator asked if he should ask that.

But anyways Aya was really adorable at her Q/A and gave a great concert. My appreciation for her definitely grew after the con.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:30 am Reply with quote
I would have loved to have gone to the Q&A, but the incompetent Otakon staff rescheduled it for an earlier time than indicated on the printed out schedule, so I missed it.

At least I made her concert. But of course, the incompetent Otakon staff likewise prevented me from getting her autograph because they misdirected me towards the wrong area to stand in line.

Love Aya Hirano. Hate Otakon staff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:21 am Reply with quote
Quote:
This is a story I heard from [creator] Mashima-san: when it comes to creating a relationship among the main characters of a series, creators have a hard time deciding which direction to go with said relationships.

More like they need to drag their series for hundreds of episodes.

Quote:
Although many fans claim they want to see a relationship between Natsu and Lucy, others would prefer to see Lucy with Leo. What do you think?

Oh please, just leave all of them single. They're all way too immature for this kind of stuff. Besides, Lucy's boobs are everyone's property; things never stop growing!
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:56 am Reply with quote
If Lucy hooked up with someone the fanservice might go away.

We can't let that happen.
jvowles
Otakon Representative

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I would have loved to have gone to the Q&A, but the incompetent Otakon staff rescheduled it for an earlier time than indicated on the printed out schedule, so I missed it.

At least I made her concert. But of course, the incompetent Otakon staff likewise prevented me from getting her autograph because they misdirected me towards the wrong area to stand in line.

Love Aya Hirano. Hate Otakon staff.

Sorry you got misdirected...though the post concert autograph lines are usually in the same place. I'll speak to the main events staff to find out what happened. This is the first I have heard of an issue with her signing.

For what it is worth, the reason Hirano-san's schedule had to change was that her rehearsal time was tied to the arrival time of her backing band. It was unavoidable to reschedule it when their timing changed, which was after the schedule was printed. As always, however, we posted schedule changes in the relevant locations, and the online and guidebook versions were updated within minutes of determining the change had to be made. We hate schedule changes too.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
The issue was, I was right near the inside wall where the line was formed, but staffers kept pointing in different directions, because I think some of them didn't know where the sign for the end of the line was, and a couple of them had me going in a circle around the room while people were still filing out and/or getting in line. Then when I finally did get in line it was almost at the very end, even though if I had stayed where I was to begin with I would have been at the start of the line. Listening to the staff's directions led me to be in the cut-off point, and from what I understand, after I was dismissed with others, the session was extended.

If it were the one time something like that happened to me at the con, it'd be easier to accept. But it was the third time I failed to get an autograph, despite being in the right places. With Brina Palencia, it was because the people getting autographs were wasting time with chit-chat and with Tetsuya Kakihara it was because of the 100 autograph limit. This despite me getting to each signing at least an hour early. I stood in line for Aya's concert for two hours and was one of the first people in line. They should have made that the line for autographs as well. I put in the time, I should have received something for the effort.

Aya Hirano was the main event for me at Otakon. If anything, I was going to get her to sign something for me, and it was disappointing that I not only didn't get her autograph, but none whatsoever because of various mishaps.

But the concert itself was very good and I realize I should probably be more appreciative for that, at least.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quote
No pictures? Was she THAT ugly?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:

She was gorgeous.
jpsanmn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:20 pm Reply with quote
zeopower6 wrote:

I recognized that guy; he sat next to me at another panel earlier. At that panel, he took up 1/3 of the space of the seat I was sitting in (which I did not appreciate).

Sunday Silence wrote:

It was requested that there be no pictures or videotaping, so certainly we all respected those wishes.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:11 am Reply with quote
jpsanmn wrote:
It was requested that there be no pictures or videotaping, so certainly we all respected those wishes.

That's really surprising, as her visit to Taiwan last year had no such restriction.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Woot for mentioning Eternal Sonata! I would have asked her to do one of her special attack lines had I been the interviewer. Very Happy

For me it would have to be Earth Growth, because it always sounds to me like "Arse Gross!".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
GhostShell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like it was a very interesting panel. Plus, she has cats, which is always a win in my book. Very Happy

Quote:
[American pop star] Avril [Lavigne]

Being a little nit picky, but Avril is Canadian.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1