• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD Fighting Game's Trailer Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
casualfan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:58 am Reply with quote
It's pretty neat that Capcom integrates online system, but I had a hard time finding the difference between the original and HD scenes. At most the HD remakes will just look sharper and brighter. Not really a fan of downloadable games, so I'll be skipping this.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:26 am Reply with quote
Looks good but I do have a few nitpicks:

-It looks like the HD version will still be the censored version of the game where the blood is "whited" out. I was actually hoping that the redness would be put back.
-Why did CAPCOM abandon their own unique font for the cut scenes in favor of a boring arial font? The original font looked great on its own.

I'm not sure but do some of the characters still have their trademark dodging names such as Vanilla "Iced" and Bast "Mahraiah"?
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
Looks good but I do have a few nitpicks:

-It looks like the HD version will still be the censored version of the game where the blood is "whited" out. I was actually hoping that the redness would be put back.
-Why did CAPCOM abandon their own unique font for the cut scenes in favor of a boring arial font? The original font looked great on its own.

I'm not sure but do some of the characters still have their trademark dodging names such as Vanilla "Iced" and Bast "Mahraiah"?

1. Yeah, unless there's an option to make the blood red or something, probably not, but who knows.

2. Yeah, the blue font was better, dunno what Capcom was smoking there.

And 3. Yes, their trademark dodging names in the English releases are the same as it was a decade+ prior.
Giant_Robo_28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
As long as it has the Jojo's Venture mode, where you can play through the whole story, I'm totally cool with double dipping for this release!
ptolemy18
Manga Reviewer/Creator/Taster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:51 am Reply with quote
I'm a huge Jojo's fan, so hooray, but I find it hard to get too excited about this. It's just an anti-aliased re-release of the original game, right? If they took the time to 'remaster' it, why don't they just ADD THE MISSING A.I. FOR THE NEW CHARACTERS LIKE PETSHOP & HOL HORSE and better yet MAKE MORE CHARACTERS LIKE YELLOW TEMPERANCE & TOWER OF GRAY BALANCED AND/OR PLAYAAAABLE!!!!

...Okay. I've wanted to say that for 14 years... moving on now.... -_- The *NEW* Jojo's game does look awesome though!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1