• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Initial D Anime to Run 2 Episodes Every Month

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
torinostu351

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm unreasonably excited about this.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I wonder why they're not going for the traditional "one episode a week" format.

My best guess would be that they want a tiny bit more time for rendering CG.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:52 pm Reply with quote
so a 26 episode show will take 1 year to be released? dammit....
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote
The biggest thing to worry about here is that it likely won't be simulcasted due to this strategy, and it makes it tougher for fansub groups to get raws.
divinicide

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
The biggest thing to worry about here is that it likely won't be simulcasted due to this strategy, and it makes it tougher for fansub groups to get raws.

I remember 4th stage was on pay per view format too. Luckily it was subbed rather timely.
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:16 pm Reply with quote
delete double post

Last edited by maxxjulie on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quote
luckily, i didn't even know about stage 4 until after it had aired and was completely fansubbed. not exactly loving 2 ep a month. i'll probably have to wait for it to be over before watching it because i'll just forget what previously happened all the time. this news doesn't even say how long a series it will be. why do asians have to be so damn vague and unwilling to come forth with info? the creator of bleach never could admit the show got canceled. like it somehow saves face. meanwhile, everyone knows it got canceled.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
I wonder why they're not going for the traditional "one episode a week" format.

My best guess would be that they want a tiny bit more time for rendering CG.

They can squeeze more money out of the initial run this way, which leads into Ryan's point about simulcasting. Why would they give CR, or other subscription based services, a show that they can essentially give out freely when it costs quite a bit in Japan? I guess we'll see, but given how the Japanese feel about the international community as of late, it seems unlikely you'll be able to see this legally.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
divinicide wrote:
I remember 4th stage was on pay per view format too. Luckily it was subbed rather timely.

Fourth Stage had an even slower schedule, with two new episodes every two months. Two episodes per month would be on par with both seasons of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and the Saint Seiya OVAs, so I wouldn't have a problem with that.
Tessou

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quote
maxxjulie wrote:
this news doesn't even say how long a series it will be. why do asians have to be so damn vague and unwilling to come forth with info?

Because it was just announced. Be happy you got as much info on this from the start at all. Fourth Stage didn't have anywhere near this amount of information when it was announced.

Case in point, it's the first news of the new season. They aren't going to spill everything from the start.
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:18 am Reply with quote
Tessou wrote:
maxxjulie wrote:
this news doesn't even say how long a series it will be. why do asians have to be so damn vague and unwilling to come forth with info?

Because it was just announced. Be happy you got as much info on this from the start at all. Fourth Stage didn't have anywhere near this amount of information when it was announced.

Case in point, it's the first news of the new season. They aren't going to spill everything from the start.

yeah, because that would be crazy. heads would start exploding if they gave us that info now instead of giving us a tiny bit every so often or none at all. this is my problem. it's a stupid asian thing of not being forthcoming with info at all. it sucks. i've waited years for more initial d anime and finally they announce more will be made a week ago with a promise of details in a week. a week later they can't be bothered to say what kind of series it'll be and how long. great. thanks for the lack of info. japanese are so smart, but their way of not communicating boggles my [expletive] mind. a week later we get it's 2 episodes a month. it took a week for them to give us that. WOW!!!!! must have really been painful for them to divulge that much.
Banken

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:39 am Reply with quote
Fourth Stage was two episodes every two months, so this is..better...

It's still twice as slow and about infinity times more expensive than I wish it was, though.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:53 am Reply with quote
maxxjulie wrote:
yeah, because that would be crazy. heads would start exploding if they gave us that info now instead of giving us a tiny bit every so often or none at all. this is my problem. it's a stupid asian thing of not being forthcoming with info at all. it sucks. i've waited years for more initial d anime and finally they announce more will be made a week ago with a promise of details in a week. a week later they can't be bothered to say what kind of series it'll be and how long. great. thanks for the lack of info. japanese are so smart, but their way of not communicating boggles my [expletive] mind. a week later we get it's 2 episodes a month. it took a week for them to give us that. WOW!!!!! must have really been painful for them to divulge that much.
This seems more like an entertainment industry thing - if you spill all the beans at once you create a spike of interest that doesn't really do you any good. More releases with fewer details each creates a steadier, more sustainable mental presence.
Tessou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:48 am Reply with quote
maxxjulie wrote:
Tessou wrote:
maxxjulie wrote:

The original notice last Monday didn't promise any sort of vast information dump. It said "New Initial D animated series! Announcement and details in the next issue."

We were given plenty enough for a first look. We know it's officially Fifth Stage. We know m.o.v.e. is doing the theme songs. We know it starts in November. This is completely akin to a movie teaser coming out before the trailer. You get very little information, but it's enough to get you interested in things to come. Give it some time! The reveals and information dumps will happen very soon, if the typical schedule holds up.
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully, this means they'll take the time to make the characters not look like ass outside of driving scenes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2