• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aya Hirano Stars in Himitsu no Akko-chan Flash Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quote
From Haruhi to doing a 1 minute flash anime. How far she has fallen...
dan9999

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:09 pm Reply with quote
This is all she can get in anime now...after we all learned she is a super carnivore woman... who achieved the dream of having her own harem...Laughing Laughing Laughing .

Also this is very big for her in her current fallen state, last role was also in a few minutes series: Recorder to Randsell in which she voiced a girl that appeared every now and then. And the role in she got in Hunter x Hunter was for a mere couple episode.

Anyway, most likely she wont get the main role in a big series aimed at hardcore otaku anymore, heck maybe not even in any series, theres several good replacements for her already that are getting all those roles.

Her time has been long over.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote
She was once the voice actress of Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya...Now Aya Hirano's the voice actress of a character in a show that only lasts for a mere minute...Somehow, I'm having a feeling that she must be having a real bad case of being unlucky these days, and that her future prospects aren't looking all that great... Sad I don't know, maybe it's just myself thinking that... Neutral
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Uh, pardon me, but how exactly is this evidence of her career being in a down swing?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Uh, pardon me, but how exactly is this evidence of her career being in a down swing?

You're kidding, right? Her career has pretty much been dead ever since the scandal... she's only gotten a few bit roles here and there when she used to be the most in demand seiyuu. She ever had the Shinobu role taken from her, when its one of the bigger roles of the year so far (she did her on the drama CD for Bakem). She sadly killed her career.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

You're kidding, right? Her career has pretty much been dead ever since the scandal... she's only gotten a few bit roles here and there when she used to be the most in demand seiyuu. She sadly killed her career.

She's working on her music career more recently, touring for Fragments. She still plays Lucy on Fairy Tail.

And she didn't kill anything, it's a bunch of worthless neckbeards angry that she has a sex life and won't be their pure waifu.

But her career will be fine, your delusions aside.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:43 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

You're kidding, right? Her career has pretty much been dead ever since the scandal... she's only gotten a few bit roles here and there when she used to be the most in demand seiyuu. She sadly killed her career.

She's working on her music career more recently, touring for Fragments. She still plays Lucy on Fairy Tail.

And she didn't kill anything, it's a bunch of worthless neckbeards angry that she has a sex life and won't be their pure waifu.

She plays Lucy since its a show that isn't aimed at the otaku crowd. But she has killed her seiyuu career for late night anime, and likely any other mainstream anime outside of bit roles like the 2 episode character in Hunter x Hunter.

And sure, its just "Worthless neckbeards" who are angry, but they are the ones who buy anime. Piss them off, and they won't support you anymore, so studios will not hire you to voice their anime. Simple as that.

penguintruth wrote:
But her career will be fine, your delusions aside.

It seems like I'm not the one having delusions here, if you think her career will be "Fine". She hasn't gotten a starring role in an anime that mattered since the scandal happened over a year and a half ago. If she hasn't had one by now, she likely won't rebound.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, because Fairy Tale's totally not a mainstream anime. Rolling Eyes

And she was in the new Saint Seiya show recently.

Last edited by penguintruth on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:58 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
She plays Lucy since its a show that isn't aimed at the otaku crowd.

...................I'm...... I-I don't think I can seriously agree with that at all. I probably could've agreed with that a few years ago if I didn't know any better about the different people that would watch Fairy Tail or read the manga. But now? No.

Last edited by Hypeathon on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
She plays Lucy since its a show that isn't aimed at the otaku crowd.

...................I'm...... I-I don't think I can seriously agree with that at all. I probably could've agreed with that a few years ago, but now? No.

Its an anime that airs Saturday morning, and its aimed at kids and teens.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:05 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Its an anime that airs Saturday morning, and its aimed at kids and teens.

Yeah, been watching the show, reading the manga for a while now and no. I still don't agree. Considering the way Hiro Mashima applies content into the characters and how most of that stuff gets adapted into the anime anyway, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the otaku managed to get something out of that show despite it airing saturday mornings on TV Tokyo.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I don't deny its got otaku fans, like how Pretty Cure does while also airing in a kids timeslot. But they aren't the majority of the fanbase, and seiyuu casting isn't going to hurt the sales or popularity like it would for dedicated otaku anime, which is my point. Theres no real reason to remove Hirano from that role since its the kids who mainly fund it with buying the toys, video games, etc.

But on the other hand, Nisemonogatari was totally aimed at the otakus, so to distance themselves from Hirano, they removed her from the Shinobu role and got Maaya Sakamoto. For a show like this, they know that having Hirano would hurt the sales so they do what is best for their bottom line.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Her career's fine. You don't need to star in a new anime every season to have a good career, anyway. Nobody's saying Romi Paku's career is over.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Paku is also a much older seiyuu whos likely nearing the end of her career naturally, and really only does specific roles these days (teen boys and "Rougher" sounding girls). Aya Hirano is a seiyuu whos still young and should be flourishing right now based on the popularity of her roles up till now. If her career was "Fine", she would be like a Kana Hanazawa who has several late night anime roles a season. But she doesn't, because its not fine.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:19 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I don't deny its got otaku fans, like how Pretty Cure does while also airing in a kids timeslot. But they aren't the majority of the fanbase.

I never even said they're the majority. I just don't agree that it's not aimed at otaku in any way. It doesn't matter to me how something is aimed at kids, if there are people out there over the age of 18 who're watching this show and are engaged in it for some of their own reasons, then that's all I need to be convinced that the kiddies are not the only age demographic watching this stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4