• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - For a Ride

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:07 am Reply with quote
Oh GOD, Eryi's Action looks like a bishoujo version of that infamous Syobon Action. Anime hyper
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:16 am Reply with quote
Ah, NES Tennis! Laughing

invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:32 am Reply with quote
I can't find Petite Rock Shooter: Pursue the Mystery of the Sexy Planet on the Japanese App Store. Anyone got a link?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:03 am Reply with quote
Ruby Heart is back? Sweet, I loved her in MVC2, and I really wanted her in a new game. This is good news.
redcar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:15 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, so La-Mulana is going to make it to the Wii after all? That's awesome news! I was disappointed when I heard that it was a no-go...
toddc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:33 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
I can't find Petite Rock Shooter: Pursue the Mystery of the Sexy Planet on the Japanese App Store. Anyone got a link?

Try this.

http://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/id536135774?mt=8
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:54 am Reply with quote
toddc wrote:
invalidname wrote:

Try this.

http://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/id536135774?mt=8

you are a saint.. thank you ^^

also it looks like my month is here with portable gaming.. all I have to say is HELL YEAH~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:10 pm Reply with quote
The news of Casey Duck: Butter Duck will relieve all those who lament the under-representation of the anatidae family within video games. Aside Duck Hunt and Fatal Fury, they have seldom been seen as principle cast members.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
under-representation of the anatidae family within video games.

Does Donald in Kingdom Hearts count?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:46 pm Reply with quote
I can see why that comic could never have been released. As for the mobile gaming movement, honestly, they charge way less for a full game on your phone than the amount they try to squeeze out of you for a console game on launch day. Though I don't know how to justify a $28.99 price tag for an entire RPG when other companies like Kemco can afford to put out their games for $8.99.

Minna to Daikoukai Frontier: Crapbomb, Crapbomb, Crapbomb, what are you doing? -_-

Quote:
As she walks to the exit, a giant pan falls from above and kills her if you're not careful. She can die in her own home.

Think they put that in there to express the common 90s belief of dying from home accidents? XD

Circle of Mana: Oh? A sudden revival of the Mana name perhaps? We'll see. Considering the series hasn't seen anything new since that god awful Heroes of Mana, I hope it's a supreme improvement. Then again, it could just be another non-Seiken related RPG which just happens to have mana in the title since that's a common term for magic force in a fantasy world.

Drakerider: I am currently enjoying this game. Unfortunately it's not without its flaws. Aside from the obvious name-changing (you can hear it in the Japanese dialogue), the battle system is unique but every action consumes crystals. Crystals are for learning new moves for the dragon Murasame (I refuse to call him Eckhardt), but you spend them in combat to grind for more crystals (easier to do when you face weaker enemies). It's like earning money by spending it and sometimes not making enough to cover what you expended. It is kind of counterproductive, but it's still novel. The story is pretty interesting too, though I'm debating spending the amount of money needed to buy the rest of the chapters.

J.J. Rockets: Yeah, that screenshot, totally called it.

Kirby's Dream Collection: Wow Todd, no clever quip about how many angry Kirbys are on the front cover? I'm impressed. XD

Anyway, this is a very good idea in my opinion. Kirby's series has been spread out over the years and though VC and e-Shop both help to once again get our hands on those old school titles, a collection set is one genuine way to show they still care about our heroic pink puffball. I still want to see a fully fledged Kirby RPG though. Wonder if they'll ever take him down that route.

SF 25th AC: What, no Blanka goodies? Not interested. >=[

Seriously though, I'm sick of hearing about SF. Crapbomb just keeps sniffing up the series' butt too much.

Last edited by belvadeer on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Brand

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me what the White haired guy in the image next to the article in the recent article side bar is from?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote
White haired guy seems to be from Drakerider.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quote
brand wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the White haired guy in the image next to the article in the recent article side bar is from?

Main hero of Drakerider, Aran.
kanechin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Ruby Heart and Captain Cross Gambit Sparrow.
N.R.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:02 am Reply with quote
I've been playing the Petit Black Rock Shooter game for some years now. For a smartphone game it's pretty nice. You can advance in the game pretty far without paying anything. However, I haven't finished it yet so I'm not sure if there will be levels that do require you to buy special bullets for real money.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1