• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, September 16-22

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The American Average

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
I find it funny that all the releases this week were from like 40-70 dollars but then theres the ridiculous price of FateZero Laughing
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Won a copy of the Allison and Lillia set from Sentai at Animaine a little over two weeks ago after they made their Penguindrum and Letter Bee announcements. Almost won Persona 4 on BD but was just a little slow getting my hand up. Just means I have to buy it.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I hope that Venus Wars does well enough to get a BD license, but I wouldn't double dip to make the chance of that happening.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote
ok 180 for durarara from aniplex USA was steep but almost five hundred dollars for fate/zero? not to be rude to those who support aniplex USA but are we going to see another bandai US situation again?
jsieczkar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Nothing this week which is good I just dropped a bunch of money on pre-ordering the Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection and Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition....which combined are still cheaper then Fate/Zero. Shocked
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
MagusGuardian wrote:
ok 180 for durarara from aniplex USA was steep but almost five hundred dollars for fate/zero? not to be rude to those who support aniplex USA but are we going to see another bandai US situation again?

This is just an import version, which we're going to see more often for supermassive titles. The Japanese know there's westerners who will pay that money, so they market to them alone to receive guaranteed easy profit.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote
The fate/zero uber crazy collectors edition is useless in my eyes. I love the series, but not the the point of paying 400$ for 13 episodes...
Ill buy the set since I like it, when its like 100$ max. No way I'll cough up close to 1000$ after tax for a 26 episodes series. A normal edition in a normal blu ray case is enough for me. Since they are re-releasing the garden of sinners for cheaper this year, I suspect they'll release fate/zero in a cheap bundle in a year or so. I can wait, there are a dozen other shows coming out that I rather buy.
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:37 am Reply with quote
But the new Garden of Sinners box will not be blu-ray. I think they stated it will be dvd only. We will most likely never see a blu-ray release of either of these for the normal domestic market. While I am not interested in either series, it does sadden me that two shows that are so beautifully rendered be hindered be a sup par dvd release.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
But the new Garden of Sinners box will not be blu-ray. I think they stated it will be dvd only. We will most likely never see a blu-ray release of either of these for the normal domestic market. While I am not interested in either series, it does sadden me that two shows that are so beautifully rendered be hindered be a sup par dvd release.

At least it's a cheaper release, instead of a $450 retail price.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1