• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Partially-loaded main page with AWESOME sidebar layout.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:25 am Reply with quote
So, I just got a partially-loaded main page (no ad skin, and everything above the tabs was just text links in the upper left of the screen). Refreshing fixed it, but that's not what the post is about.

The side-bar on the main page, instead of being the normal white-with-black-text, was a dark blue (not quite as dark as the "post a new topic" bar I can see right now, but darker than the "AnimeNewsNetwork" logo text), with white text. It looked AMAZING. I wish that the side-bar was always looking like that.

Just some feedback.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:58 am Reply with quote
Under the My ANN tab, there's a link for "skins". Click it. In the drop down, select "ANN 2010 (never switch to another skin)". This will remove the ad backdrop to the default blue.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:27 am Reply with quote
I know how to change the skin. It wasn't the blue behind the skin that was there. The skin just didn't load, as part of this partial-load glitch. The sidebar, that has the columns, reviews, press releases in it. THAT was this middle-ish blue with white text. Which I've never seen before, between skins and site revamps (I've been following this site since college... crap, that's 10 years, I feel old).
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote
How did it compare to the "ANN 2006" skin? You can load that with the skin menu and it is indeed dark blue with white lettering. We have a few people who use that option exclusively.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Aha, that actually does match what I saw.

So why did it try to load that instead of the ad or default skin? Not that I mind, 'because it looked awesome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1