• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kamisama no Inai Nichiyōbi Light Novels Get Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scormio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:16 am Reply with quote
How was she born 12 years ago if everyone stopped being born 15 years ago?

Seems like it could be an interesting series, though.
chronos02

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:16 am Reply with quote
There are major spoilers in the article, the fact Ai is the daughter between a "Gravekeeper" and a normal human is revealed further into the story, as well as the fact that death and newborn life ceased to "exist" since 15 years before the "present" depicted in the novel. Delete this after correcting it if you deem it necessary.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote
chronos02 wrote:
There are major spoilers in the article, the fact Ai is the daughter between a "Gravekeeper" and a normal human is revealed further into the story, as well as the fact that death and newborn life ceased to "exist" since 15 years before the "present" depicted in the novel. Delete this after correcting it if you deem it necessary.

The changes in life and death are revealed in the first sentence of the story introduction on the page announcing the anime, while Ai's lineage is revealed in the second sentence of her character profile on the same page.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:34 am Reply with quote
Scormio wrote:
How was she born 12 years ago if everyone stopped being born 15 years ago?

Seems like it could be an interesting series, though.

Because she's probably a mary-sue perfect waifu. Hreaking established rules of canon is a hallmark of sues.

Of course, there could be a logical and interesting reason for it, but given that LN authors are not exactly masters of storytelling...
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quote
Never heard of this LN till..just now. Might give the anime a shot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
underlock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote
Quote:
dead stopped dying

Meanwhile in a universe where you don't die when you're killed.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote
This series apparently has lots of spoiler[loli abuse] so i don't know how long i'll be able to take it until i drop it...
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I like the concept, so I'm interested. The boy doesn't sound like a regular protagonist either.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

Because she's probably a mary-sue perfect waifu. Hreaking established rules of canon is a hallmark of sues.

Uhh...would it kill you to actually maybe learn something about a character before throwing stuff like this around?
chronos02

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
The changes in life and death are revealed in the first sentence of the story introduction on the page announcing the anime, while Ai's lineage is revealed in the second sentence of her character profile on the same page.

Well, the production staff sure like to spoil one very important piece of information... one of the most interesting points of this work is the non-existence of information which makes you wonder what's going on, it can draw back some people from reading it, but really... revealing that from the very beginning is kinda...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1