• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Haré+Guu DVD 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Ah, Guu is one of my favorite comedy animes. It's different from the others and has a unique feel to it. It also manages to have a halfway decent story compared to all the other wacky comedies, which impressed me. I liked the dub cast in it too, in particular, I think I liked Weda's voice better then the Japanese. Of course though, being a fan of Guu for years and the dub just recently coming out, I'm still biased toward the Japanese seiyuu, but I do admit that the dub wasn't bad. I'm looking forward to hearing some of the other character's dub performances in later volumes.
Danno

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Wendee Lee is Weda?

(logs onto blockbuster to add H+G to queue).
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:56 pm Reply with quote
i gotta see this if just to hear Wendee Lee play a drunk.
azzmoneky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I watched a cupple epps of this show at animevegas last year. I haven't heard the dub but what I watched of the show made it look pretty good and strange.
erinfinnegan
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I can't believe you gave the animation in this show a C+. Hare+Guu is very different from your standard anime in terms of the elasticity of the characters. They stretch, they squash, they cut their arms into Julienne fries.

The more simplistic character design allows for lots of movement (the opposite of this sort of thing is Lodoss Wars) - kind of like in American cartoons.

I would easily show Hare+Guu to fans of American animation (or certain animation professionals sitting behind me at their desks right now) who think that all anime "looks the same" and that there are too many robots, transformation sequences, sexy girls, tentacle rape, and/or card/video game promotions in anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1