• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga Entertainment Announces Karas Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:24 am Reply with quote
I'm sorry, but can someone call me when another studio RE-licenses this product? It's bad enough that they are compressing the 6 episode OVA into two movies. This is just... idiotic. An awsome series... tanked by that. *huggles region 2 DVDs*
iBooks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:43 am Reply with quote
Deacon Blues wrote:
I'm sorry, but can someone call me when another studio RE-licenses this product? It's bad enough that they are compressing the 6 episode OVA into two movies. This is just... idiotic. An awsome series... tanked by that. *huggles region 2 DVDs*

What are you talking about, 2 DVD's is plenty of space for 6 episodes. And where did you get the "2 movies" from? There's two volumes, that's it...
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:44 am Reply with quote
You know, if they released in on 3 discs, people would whine and moan that that's too many discs, it costs too much and it takes up too much shelf space.

-t
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:15 am Reply with quote
Deacon Blues wrote:

Hey tempest, is there a way of confirming or dispelling this rumor (released as 2 movies instead of 6 OVA episodes on 2 DVDs)?

When do you guys think that Otoha's VA will be announced? So do you think that there will be a delay in the release since this VA was not announced?

Why do you think that they went with Hollywood actors?
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:14 am Reply with quote
Gee they're finally getting this out? About damn time.

I find it interesting to hear about one complain about putting the 6 OVAs on 1 disc. Technically you could but then you have to consider the amount of time for each episode. I doubt the region 2 DVDs follow this rule considering that most OVA release usually consist of 1 feature per vol. spanned over a period of time. Which could end up making it 6 individual DVDs. But whatever the case, it doesn't matter who does the release, they're going to do it it the way they see fit and that's that. Just be glad that it's coming over. Twisted Evil
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Hey tempest, is there a way of confirming or dispelling this rumor (released as 2 movies instead of 6 OVA episodes on 2 DVDs)?

@Chrno2: Now, now, no need to be irritable. I only asked that question because this is the second forum on which that rumor appeared that I frequent. I just thought that it might need clarifying. Besides, I don't think that anyone was complaining about wanting the release on 1 DVD so far in this thread.
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:23 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
You know, if they released in on 3 discs, people would whine and moan that that's too many discs, it costs too much and it takes up too much shelf space.

-t

Um... yeah, considering I've been buying them from Japan, they cost upwards of $60 for me, so the $20 American releases are a walk in the park. I'm surprised that Manga DIDN'T release this across 3 DVDs... D:

Quote:

One of the well-known site (I don't know if it was DeepDiscountDVD or whatever they are) that had it listed as two movies, but... *shrugs* Probably wrong again... :/
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Don't believe what you saw on DDD, they don't always enter information correctly.

Manga is releasing this on 2 DVDs, 3 episodes each.

Volume 1 will be released April 25th.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1