• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Winter 2013 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Maoyu was pretty much what I expected it would be. Spice and Wolf with less intelligent dialogue and more focus on fanservice. It was enjoyable enough, though.

Among the shorts, I'll only be watching Puchimas since I'm a big Idolmaster fan. The rest I have little interest in since you can't really do much with a 3 minute anime.

Last edited by RyanSaotome on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Not sure about the short episodes but I enjoyed watching Maoyu earlier today. Might re-watch it again. Lol'd @ both the protagonists and had to face palm myself during some of the scenes. It was pretty amusing though :p
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Overall, I am not hyped for this new season. There are only a couple of shows I'm down for. The rest are not my cup of tea. Thank goodness there's still Psycho Pass.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:30 pm Reply with quote
The other day on Crunchyroll, I randomly clicked on "Boku-no-Imouto wa Osaka-chan", and thought it was one of those anime.

Anyway, the animation in it reminded me of Animation Collective (Kappa Mikey) style of animation.
trilaan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Mangirl's NOT a genderbender!? Well so much for watching that! heh Smile

Just kidding, I'll probably give it a try anyway.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quote
trilaan wrote:
Mangirl's NOT a genderbender!? Well so much for watching that! heh Smile

Just kidding, I'll probably give it a try anyway.

Sadly I thought it was about a show where the male mc's where wishing to be the little girl "I do need help people I realize this".

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote
It's pretty obvious the "Mangirl" title pun is lost in translation.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I know it's not just ANN that's translating it this way, but there has to be a much more appealing translation than Encouragement of Climb.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm seeing a lot more 3 minute shows this season than I think I have seen in any other season so far. Maybe because there are so many continuing shows from previous seasons?

Also, I get the feeling that the 3 minute shows' primary purpose is to plug something, be it a gag manga (Ai Mai Mi, Mangirl) or some tourism thing (Climb/Osaka), or even (kind of) creepy plushies.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Not sure about the short episodes but I enjoyed watching Maoyu earlier today. Might re-watch it again. Lol'd @ both the protagonists and had to face palm myself during some of the scenes. It was pretty amusing though :p

More or less my reaction, I've read one of the manga adaptations and I think that the humor didn't work quite as well here as it did there (which is the case for other series too like say FMA:B) and the art did get a little strange at times (all the CGI people!) but I'm satisfied so I'll continue along with it. Wonder how far they'll get in the story with 12 episodes, no idea if that's enough to cover the entire thing or not.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:38 pm Reply with quote
You forgot INFERNNOO COPPUU!
motibilli

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quote
none except chihayafuru are worth watching this season sadly...fall 2012 WAS THE BEST ANIME SEASON EVER!!!
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Lots of short-episode series this season, including two just about girls making or producing Manga. Crazy.

And yeah, I really wish Mangirl! had a different title; its current one is truly bizarre and disturbing.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Mangirl!'s odd title is solely due to the creator making an awful pun and not actually thinking it all the way through.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Mangirl!'s odd title is solely due to the creator making an awful pun and not actually thinking it all the way through.

Why should he have thought ithrough more? Its perfectly unambiguous if you're Japanese.

MANGARURU
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 49