• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - April 22nd - April 28th

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Inuyasha
(Cartoon Network)
-Sat Apr 22 11:00pm - Episode 132 "Miroku's Most Dangerous Confession" (R Sun Apr 23 2:00am)
-Wed Apr 26 12:30am - Episode 143 "3000 Leagues in Search of Father" (R Wed Apr 26 4:00am)

Isn't that a new episode, like all the Tuesday night/Wednesday morning episodes of Inuyasha?
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:39 pm Reply with quote
No because it aired last week, too.

Quote:
Yes, the premise of [Eureka 7] is still ridiculously silly, but it is good! I swear.

I have yet to find what's so great about it. I wanted to hit everyone over the head with something during the first episode. I swear, JYB is probably the only reason I'm going to be watching that show.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:58 am Reply with quote
I second the new Snorks season!!!!

Joe Mello wrote:
JYB is probably the only reason I'm going to be watching that show.

Really??I'm watching it despite him. He's usually great, but I dunno about him here. It'll take a bit for me to get used to him or him to get used to the role. Whichever comes first. Other than that I'm loving the show. I'm just pissed that they don't show the full starting.
hamtaroboy2006

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Does he have to make a smarta$$ comment about Pokemon every week? jeez Some of us still do watch it.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
No because it aired last week, too.

Quote:
Yes, the premise of [Eureka 7] is still ridiculously silly, but it is good! I swear.

I have yet to find what's so great about it. I wanted to hit everyone over the head with something during the first episode. I swear, JYB is probably the only reason I'm going to be watching that show.

No, the episode that aired last week was Episode 142, Untamed Entei and Horrible Hakudoshi. Episode 143, 3,000 Leagues in Search of Father, that will be airing this week will be a new episode.

Also, who is JYB?
Radical Lindsay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:20 pm Reply with quote
hamtaroboy2006 wrote:
Does he have to make a smarta$$ comment about Pokemon every week? jeez Some of us still do watch it.

Yeah, I'm getting sick of the snide remarks myself, and I don't even watch it anymore, heh.
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Also, who is JYB?

Johnny Yong Bosch I assume since he plays the voice of Renton.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:
Also, who is JYB?

Why would someone watch an anime just because it has a certain voice actor in it...? Confused
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:
Also, who is JYB?

Why would someone watch an anime just because it has a certain voice actor in it...? Confused

I'd guess and say because they're a fan of that particular VA. As for Eureka 7, OMG, the first ep was SO boring, if I still am not impressed after watching ep2(I have it recorded), I'm not even going to bother with the rest of the series, as I'd rather watch Gundam that this show, atleast Gundam held my attention for more than 5-10 mins.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:
Also, who is JYB?

If a particular voice actor has gotten interesting comments on a particular work, it would be intriguing to check it out. I've heard some stuff about the Japanese voice acting for Gankutsuo being really cool, so there's another reason why I want to watch it soon.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
I'd guess and say because they're a fan of that particular VA. As for Eureka 7, OMG, the first ep was SO boring, if I still am not impressed after watching ep2(I have it recorded), I'm not even going to bother with the rest of the series, as I'd rather watch Gundam that this show, atleast Gundam held my attention for more than 5-10 mins.

About which Gundam are you speaking?
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Anime_Freak wrote:

About which Gundam are you speaking?

Any of them except for SEED. BUt I'd say either 0079 or Wing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:55 am Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
Any of them except for SEED. BUt I'd say either 0079 or Wing.

Ah, I see what you mean now. You were saying that Gundam is boring, but even more so is Eureka Seven. Gotcha', but I don't agree with you about either. Wink
a_lonewolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:

I'm glad other people are feeling this way too. I thought the first episode was terrible. I haven't watched the second one yet, and I'm really hoping it's better than the first especially considering how much praise other people keep giving it.

I like JYB's voice acting a lot too, but I've gotta say that I'm looking forward to hearing Crispin Freeman voice Holland.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1