• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet's 2nd Full Promo Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:41 am Reply with quote
Trailer looks pretty good. Still doesn't really look like an Urobuchi show but then again, even if it's lighter than the rest of his works I'll be surprised if even half the characters in that trailer are alive in the end Laughing
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote
This stuff looks awesome and persons who were at preview screenings had confirmed that confirmed that first two episodes were good.So I am highly anticipating this.
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote
This is definitely at the top of my list to check out in the spring.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Galap

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Man, I want to watch this. Visually looks really good, except for the CG mechs.

Story looks like it will be real interesting scifi. Can't wait for this one.

The only thing that scares me is all the girls. I hope it doesn't turn into a harem or have the girls be all moe.
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Wowie zowie, I'm reeeeally digging the world we see in this trailer, especially the cool cityscapes and flying machines! And the neon colors in the outer space scenes are great too! This looks good... and wait, Gen Urobuchi is writing it!? Now I MUST check it out!! Getting really excited now!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Nice long trailer, looks decent enough to try out. I'm sure it'll be better than Mars Daybreak, Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, Blue Sub No. 6, and other waterworld anime that don't involve gondolas.

I just hope Urobotched doesn't make it "bawwwww sufferiiiing". Would totally ruin my enjoyment.

Galap wrote:
The only thing that scares me is all the girls. I hope it doesn't turn into a harem or have the girls be all moe.

Possessing big eyes and being female characters makes them moe. Or maybe you meant that they're not useless blobs and wastes of space?
Galap

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:25 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Galap wrote:

Possessing big eyes and being female characters makes them moe. Or maybe you meant that they're not useless blobs and wastes of space?

Not quite sure if I agree with you on whether or not all big eyed female characters are moe, but I get your point.

Hopefully they're not useless blobs and wastes of space.

In essence, what I really mean is I hope this show's main thrust is the science fiction story and setting rather than moe girls.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
Wowie zowie, I'm reeeeally digging the world we see in this trailer, especially the cool cityscapes and flying machines! And the neon colors in the outer space scenes are great too! This looks good... and wait, Gen Urobuchi is writing it!? Now I MUST check it out!! Getting really excited now!

Agreed, really can't wait for this to start!

So much good looking scifi coming up all of a sudden (in addition to the current Psycho-Pass)! Smile
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:22 pm Reply with quote
It doesn't look quite as high-quality now that more footage has been shown (some scenes look more impressive than others) and I'm not any more wild on the CG or the mecha, but it still looks very solid and like the makings of a very good show. I wonder if "Gurobuchi" will be rearing his head on this one, as Madoka Magica didn't seem all sunshine-and-lolipops before its debut, but Gargantia looks to be more serious in a low-key way. Well, looks can always be deceiving, and I thought the very same way about Madoka, which was serious in a much different way than I expected…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Cool, this look like it might be almost as good as Straight Title Robot Anime.
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I too am looking forward to this series I hope it has a good story line Smile
drdr48

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Urobuchi said that it's going to be a "light-hearted" SoL show... Yeah, right...

Of course, the real twist could be that it actually IS a light-hearted SoL show Laughing, but I don't really want that. That would be lame.
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:36 pm Reply with quote
drdr48 wrote:
Urobuchi said that it's going to be a "light-hearted" SoL show... Yeah, right...

Of course, the real twist could be that it actually IS a light-hearted SoL show Laughing, but I don't really want that. That would be lame.

I'd be ok with 'light hearted', as long as it's serious in a subtle kind of way. Actually, I think it might be better that way.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Just out of curiosity,do you actually have a legitimate source for that piece of information?
Myaow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote
drdr48 wrote:

I think it's nice that Urobuchi might be experimenting with different moods/content matter/levels of complexity in his writing! If all he ever wrote were series where bad scary things happened then wouldn't it get redundant and give him no space for growth? There's nothing wrong with sticking to your guns and repeatedly doing something you know works for you (I love Makoto Shinkai, Jun Maeda, Leiji Matsumoto, etc) but there's something to be said for trying out a lot of different things too!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2