• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lovely Complex's U.S. DVDs, Manga Reprint Slated

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote
Discotek is really having a good year!!! I wonder what they'll pick up next??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:24 am Reply with quote
I hope Discotek will license rescue Ronin Warriors and Kikaider. Or even red jacket Lupin III.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:28 am Reply with quote
Yay! Finally. I've been waiting for a street date on this title.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:02 am Reply with quote
Always thought it was weird that the anime went unlicensed even though the manga came out here and was at least somewhat popular (I got through the first 10 volumes or so…). Actually, what I think happened is that I saw some Love*Com footage in a compilation AMV and thought "they made an anime of that? Who knew?"
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:16 am Reply with quote
Sweet! I wasn't aware the anime adaptation of LoveCom had been licensed in the US or Australia (Madman had the licence apparently). In any case, I'll be picking this up!
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:32 am Reply with quote
I recently watched the live-action film that Viz put out a few years ago and other than some small issues, I enjoyed it so I'll be looking forward to this set myself.

trunkschan90 wrote:
I hope Discotek will license rescue Ronin Warriors and Kikaider. Or even red jacket Lupin III.

Agreed on the bolded, If they rescued that and gave it the same treatment they're giving Samurai Pizza Cats then I would gladly buy both sets along wiith the OVAs.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:50 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Agreed on the bolded, If they rescued that and gave it the same treatment they're giving Samurai Pizza Cats then I would gladly buy both sets along wiith the OVAs.

They'd be calling it Samurai Troopers then, if they want to stick with the original name. I haven't seen any of this show in ages, so it'd be nice if they licensed it and the DVD had decent video.
sailorsarah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:18 pm Reply with quote
I am so excited to own this! I keep checking for it to show up on Right Stuf so I can preorder it.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:19 am Reply with quote
Wow, I had given up hope for this title! I really love it and the manga so I'll definitely be picking this up.

Also glad for the reprint, since I haven't finished collecting the manga yet.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote
so glad, they've finally given a released date on this. I was ecstatic when they announced they were releasing it last year. I loved this anime so much I don't even care it's not getting a dub, I just want to own it.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:36 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

So unnecessary! The Bandai release had double-sided discs with YST on one side and RW on the other.

I still have mine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote
I already have the whole manga so the lack of a reprint up until this point hasn't personally affected me, but I'm glad they're reprinting it so other people can enjoy it. I'm always frustrated by the fact that pretty much every time they adapt a shoujo manga into an anime they don't cover the whole story (most of the best shoujo manga/adaptations thereof have this problem: Fruits Basket, Gakuen Alice, Kare Kano, Kimi ni Todoke, Ouran High School Host Club, Please Save My Earth, Skip-Beat), but I enjoyed the first episode of the Lovely Complex anime so I'm seriously considering picking this boxset up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1