• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: One Piece DVD Season 4 Part 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:15 am Reply with quote
that heart stomping with a boot is something I like to call "grit" in this series, a term I normally use for shonens and such in that the series can be as fun an goofy as it wants to be, but when it gets serious, it hits hard and dosn't screw around. one of the major reasons I love this series, and heck it was very tempting of me to not buy the manga volumes of this part when I had the financial chance. In the end I decided to wait it out...march is soooo close yet feels so far away...

I personally thought the dub was pretty solid, and yes, give sonny a damn medal. Ussop is a character that has made leaps and bounds in my book for liking and caring for him and this set basicly solidifies it with quick dry cement.
Mr Sinister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:33 am Reply with quote
I'll second that, Sonny was incredible in this set, I don't think I've heard a better performance from him in any other show I've seen. He got me tearing up like 3 episodes in a row which did not even happen when I saw this in Japanese the first time.

I'm so pumped that they are finally at water 7 and cannot wait for the next set to come out.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:56 am Reply with quote
and compared to the mess that was the 4kids dub, it have been probably the saving grace for the reputation for english dubs outside of the US

If you thought this voice work was good , it should be over the top when Enies Lobby Arc comes around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1