• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation TV Ranking, April 1-7

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ushio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:48 pm Reply with quote
wow why did space brothers get such a jump?

Not surprised by Yamato but am surprised by Doraemon and Shin-chan still being absent have they ended there runs after over a 1000 epsidoes?

(edit) and a recap episode as well Confused the Japanese really have weird taste sometimes!

Last edited by Ushio on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:

It moved to the slot before Detective Cohan
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:

It got a much better timeslot

Quote:
Not surprised by Yamato but am surprised by Doraemon and Shin-chan still being absent have they ended there runs after over a 1000 epsidoes?

No, they're just on hiatus.
Ushio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Ushio wrote:

It got a much better timeslot

Quote:

No, they're just on hiatus.

For 5 weeks, that's rather long isn't it?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Wow, only 50% of Conan's viewers tuned in to Space Bros just 30 minutes before. That's even worse than the Toriko/One Piece discrepancy.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Wow, only 50% of Conan's viewers tuned in to Space Bros just 30 minutes before. That's even worse than the Toriko/One Piece discrepancy.

It was still a huge boost for Space Brothers, and we have to cut it some slack because it's not a very accessible show for new viewers, which is why they started doing a bunch of recap episodes after the timeslot change. Hopefully they'll ease Conan's regular viewers into watching the show.
Kutsu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Lots of things to be said this week :

-Rather average rating for the Sazae-san special. Chibi Maruko-chan had a 1h special that aired around the same time last year and scored a rating of 16.6% in the same time slot.

-Decent for Space Brothers especially since it was a recap but the fact Conan got over 10% means it should have been able to do a little better at least.

-Disappointing ratings for the Toriko/One Piece/DBZ special when compared to previous years :

2011 : 9.4% - 10.8%
2012 : 8.7% - 10%

-Good score for Space Battleship Yamato 2199 and for Hunter x Hunter. The latter seems to be doing quite well recently.

-Mediocre for Precure.

-Pokemon nowhere to be seen despite Doraemon and Shin-chan not airing...
Hybridbloodszak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Yamato 2199, or at least the remake, is such an underrated series in the english speaking fandom. You rarely see anyone talk about it : ( Just found it recently and got so hooked I caught up on all the episodes. Should be on the TV charts pretty consistently this season until they catch up to the episode count

Hunter x Hunter kicking ass and taking names as usual. I'm interested to see Japan's response to the Chimera Ant arc coming up and how Madhouse will balance its tone with what they can show on TV. They didn't hold punches in Yorknew, and I don't expect them to here, with some haunting scenes like their masterful take on the Requiem but those episodes were some of the lowest rated with 2.6 and 2.9 the Requiem and Kurapika vs Uvogin respectively. The Chimera Ant arc is just that x10 haha
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:22 pm Reply with quote
It's odd that Sazae-san had its "45th Anniversary Celebration Anticipation Special" and its ratings drop 2 or 3 percentages below the usual.

Good to see more adult-oriented anime like Space Brothers and Yamato close to the top.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:
It's odd that Sazae-san had its "45th Anniversary Celebration Anticipation Special" and its ratings drop 2 or 3 percentages below the usual.

Good to see more adult-oriented anime like Space Brothers and Yamato close to the top.

Space Brothers? The show which was in a kids Sunday Morning (7 AM) timeslot previously and its main goal was to get kids interested in space? Thats not really an adult oriented anime.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:56 pm Reply with quote
I don't think Space Brothers is aimed at kids but more at families. The manga is seinen after all.

Anyways I wouldn't say Space Brothers ratings are bad at all considering it's been airing recaps for the past couple weeks.
schiffer0525

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:01 pm Reply with quote
hey guys excuse my ignorance in the subject, but does anyone know if the rankings for one piece and toriko are the rankings for the especial with dbz? or they didn't count the special?

EDIT : forget it. just checked the other comments and confirmed it >.<
Kutsu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:20 pm Reply with quote
schiffer0525 wrote:
hey guys excuse my ignorance in the subject, but does anyone know if the rankings for one piece and toriko are the rankings for the especial with dbz? or they didn't count the special?

EDIT : forget it. just checked the other comments and confirmed it >.<

It's because Fuji TV has it as 'One Piece Episode 590' and 'Toriko episode 99' hence why Video Research follows and has 2 seperate ratings for the 2 half-hours. It would be a different matter if the channel had it under something like 'DBZ-One Piece-Toriko - The Great Meeting n°3 - 1h Special'.

(yes, the title I chose is cheesy and unoriginal Laughing )
Haterater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
-Pokemon nowhere to be seen despite Doraemon and Shin-chan not airing...

Yikes, and I thought it was on break. Even with all the "gimmicks" they have added/done, its still not doing as much. Hopefully X and Y season gives it better numbers and learn from their mistakes.
dan9999

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:

Easy. New timeslot in the afternoon and its the best series of 2012. Not that surprising.

Yammato Kicking ass!! YES!!!

Last edited by dan9999 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2