• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Skinning problem.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:45 pm Reply with quote
When I was making my skin, the left menu's background was using the {COLOR_HEADLINE_TEXT} tag for its colour, which is suppose to be used for the title of the article.

The problem is, I can't change what the lmenu use for the bgcolor.

So now, I'm using {COLOR_HEADLINE_TEXT} as the lmenu bgcolor and {COLOR_MENU_BG} as the article's title.

This is in the "5th Anniversary - Dark Blue" skin. Hope is helps anyone with the same problem.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Heh, you're right, the background color of the left menu was using {COLOR_HEADLINE_TEXT}... pretty weird. I mean, it's the right color, but that tag shouldn't have been used for that. I replaced it by #2D50A7 so it won't confuse people who create new skins based on that one.

Quote:
The problem is, I can't change what the lmenu use for the bgcolor.

The color of the lmenu is defined in the stylesheet. Actually it's not a color but a background image. For example, you could change
TD.lmenu { text-align: right; background-image: url("{IMG_DIRECTORY}/bg_lmenu.gif"); }
to
TD.lmenu { text-align: right; background-color: {COLOR_MENU_BG} }

Quote:
So now, I'm using {COLOR_HEADLINE_TEXT} as the lmenu bgcolor and {COLOR_MENU_BG} as the article's title.

You shouldn't do that. I edited your skin to use the correct values, because the way it was set up, articles like this had the email link of the author the same color as the background. Instead of using tags in a way that they weren't supposed to be used, it would be simpler to put the values directly in the html code or in the stylesheet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1