• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tris8

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Burakkurozu wrote:
Hi everyone from Vancouver, Canada!!
Hello! I used to live in Vancouver until a couple years ago. Nice to meet ya.

Burakkurozu wrote:
Volunteer Interpreter Vancouver Aquairum
That's really cool. What language(s) do you interpret from?
ScumbagYoshi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Name: ScumbagYoshi
Favorite Anime: Texhnolyze, Mushishi, The Tatami Galaxy, Katanagatari
Favorite Manga: Aria/Mushishi/Solanin
Favorite Books: Crime & Punishment, The Alchemist, Dune
Favorite Game: Starcraft: BW
mrmustache

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:58 am Reply with quote
Hello, all! I've been a lurker for a while but I finally decided to join in on the action, mostly for new animes to watch.

Name: Mr. Mustache for now

Sex: Surprise, surprise! I'm a girl

Marital Status: Single

Likes: Sushi, Anime, Video games (specifically JRPGs), Mustaches, Camping, Hiking

Favorite anime: Clannad After Story, Steins Gate

Favorite Manga: Rurouni Kenshin, Ranma 1/2

Favorite game: Final Fantasy IX, Persona 3, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Fire Emblem: Awakening

Favorite Sport: soccer, basketball

Job: Business student graduating this year

Nice to meet you all! Hopefully, I'll have enough time to hang around here and get to know the rest of you.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:40 am Reply with quote
mrmustache wrote:
Sex: Surprise, surprise! I'm a girl

Pics or it didn't happen. Laughing
LadyKuzunoha

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Name: Dana, though I tend to prefer my fandom nickname of Momo.

Marital Status: In a serious relationship and hoping soon to be engaged.

Religion: Agnostic

Pets: None, technically, though I suppose I could say that my boyfriend's pets are mine as well, considering how attached they are to me.

Drink/Smoke: Rarely/Never

Likes: Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles, warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with strings,

Dislikes: Dog bites, bee stings, feeling sad

(Sorry for the joke, I simply could not resist)

Favorite Anime: Yu Yu Hakusho, Fushigi Yuugi, Sailor Moon, Hetalia, Princess Jellyfish, Ghost in the Shell, pretty much anything by Studio Ghibli or CLAMP, the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime, Rurouni Kenshin... the list goes on, really. It'd probably be easier to just ask if I liked a particular series.

Favorite Manga: See list above, especially on the "it'd be easier to ask about a particular series" part.

Favorite Books: I'm quite fond of the Harry Potter series, and that's really the only thing that's coming to mind right now for favorites, though I read quite a bit.

Favorite Game: Final Fantasy IV, VII, X/X-2, most things Nintendo, puzzle games that have a nice level of challenge to them without making me want to throw things against the wall in frustration, that sort of thing.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Doctor Who is my current favorite for TV, though I have to admit the season airing right now has yet to really grab my attention outside of the mystery surrounding the new companion. I have too many favorite movies to list (see the note about anime/manga).

Favorite Drink/Non-Alcoholic Drink: Mojito/Sweet tea

Favorite Foods: Fried chicken, oranges, inarizushi, burgers, Oreos

Favorite Music: Honestly I listen to at least a little bit of every genre/style (provided that the style or genre has been brought to my attention), though most of the music in my collection is either pop/rock (from several different nations) or metal (mostly symphonic, though I don't mind a good thrash once in a while).

Job: Currently unemployed, though until recently I was a sales associate at my local FYE store.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:02 am Reply with quote
Welcome, LadyKuzunoha !

Another Dr Who fan, and Hetalia too. I'm a historian, and that show's treatment of history is a riot.

So, you rarely drink, but you like Mojitos, eh? For me, they're OK, but Mimosa's are a better morning drink (or anytime while in 1st class on the way to Aruba!), while Baileys with coffee is good anytime. Cool
LadyKuzunoha

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:06 pm Reply with quote
guildmaster wrote:
Welcome, LadyKuzunoha !

Another Dr Who fan, and Hetalia too. I'm a historian, and that show's treatment of history is a riot.

So, you rarely drink, but you like Mojitos, eh? For me, they're OK, but Mimosa's are a better morning drink (or anytime while in 1st class on the way to Aruba!), while Baileys with coffee is good anytime. Cool

Thank you!

I know, right? Though I appreciate the more serious moments, too, when they're handled right (episode 5 of the new season is a good example).

Yeah, and I'll admit, most of the reason why I don't drink at least slightly more often is my boyfriend. He's allergic to alcohol (to the point where he can't even be around a group drinking socially), so for safety's sake, I try to treat it like a severe peanut allergy and minimize drinking as much as I can. I don't think I've ever had a Mimosa, but I will try one soon.
GeminiDS85

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:45 am Reply with quote
I was bored in my hotel room, so I decided to finally post an introduction.

Name James

Sex Male

Location Sapporo, Japan

Age 25

Ethnicity Portuguese, German, and Scottish.

Occupation Student and I work for a company that pays me to fly all around Japan to basically do nothing.

Marital Status I have a Japanese girlfriend and a American girlfriend. They both know about each other and are, surprisingly, alright with the situation, although things with the Japanese girlfriend will be ending once I return to America.

Hobbies Going to clubs, partying, surfing, shooting, astronomy, wrestling (not the WWE), reading.

Languages American English, Japanese, and Mandarin Chinese (I’m pretty terrible at Mandarin Chinese, though)

Religion Atheist

Pets None

Drink/Smoke Both

Favorite Books Les Liaisons dangereuses, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, The Faerie Queene, Cannery Row, The Tale of Genji, Kokoro, No Longer Human.

Favorite Plays Macbeth, King Lear, Chūshingura, The Iceman Cometh, Oleanna, Matsukaze.

Favorite Movies A Clockwork Orange, Breathless (1960), Reservoir Dogs, There Will Be Blood, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Manhattan.

Favorite Music Dave Matthews Band, Stone Temple Pilots, Simon & Garfunkel, Kanye West, Jamiroquai.

Favorite Anime Serial Experiments Lain, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Texhnolyze, Haibane Renmei, Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari.

Favorite Manga Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Berserk, Despera, Melty Blood, Lucky Star.

Favorite Foods Pizza, duck, rib-eye steak, oysters, whale bacon, bonjiri (yakitori chicken anus with tare sauce).

Favorite Drinks Beer, single malt scotch, pinot noir, riesling, umeshu.

Interesting things about me I have a tendency to attract stalkers. I’ve had three really bad stalkers in the past and it was one of worst things I’ve ever had to deal with.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
GeminiDS85 wrote:
Marital Status I have a Japanese girlfriend and a American girlfriend. They both know about each other and are, surprisingly, alright with the situation, although things with the Japanese girlfriend will be ending once I return to America.

Welcome James.

A little TMI there on status, the ladies here will undoubtedly not take a liking to that.
GeminiDS85

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:12 pm Reply with quote
It’s nothing to get upset about. Some people just have different concept about how relationships work, especially when you are separated by a long distance. The American girl has been hanging out with another guy while we are far away from each other and I’m fine with that. I’ve also told the Japanese girl about the situation from the beginning and that it’s fine to find a guy who will be around for the long haul, but so far she’s been content just hanging out with me.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:50 pm Reply with quote
As long as everyone involved knows about and is happy with the situation, I don't see a problem with it. Different strokes for different folks and all that.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote
GeminiDS85 wrote:

I know someone in a similar situation:

http://youtu.be/rsuL6tRlijo
guildmaster

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:08 am Reply with quote
Youtube's blocked by the netnanny police here, so I'll have to wait to see that one, egoist.

I guess as long as James's two lady friends are cool with it, more power to him...
keith yatsuhashi

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

Name: Keith Yatsuhashi

Sex: Male

Ethnicity: Japanese-American.

Marital Status: Married

Hobbies: Anime, movies, books, writing, blogging, golf, roller skating.

Languages: American English

Favorite Books: Mine, of course! Kojiki! Wheel of Time, Harry Potter, Shogun, John Sandford's Thrillers.

Favorite Plays: I like the musicals--Phantom of the Opera, Les Miz.

Favorite Movies: Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Star Trek, Hopscotch, Harry Potter

Favorite Music: I like my anime symphonies.

Favorite Anime: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Laputa, Giant Robo, Yamato, Madoka,

Favorite Manga: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

Interesting things about me I took my love of anime an wrote a book called KOJIKI that's out now. If you're interested, Japanator.com has a review up. Check it out here: http://www.japanator.com/review-kojiki-by-keith-yatsuhashi-28639.phtml
Ignatz

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:02 am Reply with quote
keith yatsuhashi--
Welcome to the fora! Smile
keith yatsuhashi wrote:

Just for the record, there are some very old regular posters in this forum, so don't be afraid if you're one of the older guys. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 183 of 233