• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Sols to Stream Original Yatterman, Aoi Blink, Tezuka Films

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:19 am Reply with quote
Seems like a good idea to add works by the familiar Tezuka, guess we'll have to see how it plays out because they aren't his more popular works.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:51 am Reply with quote
What's interesting is Blue Blink has been streaming on Viki's website, as well as their Tezuka Youtube Channel. Which makes me wonder if the subtitles will be the same as what's on there or they'll be like different.

Marine Express is as well (and I believe that's also on Hulu).

Still, looking forward to the shows on here, and I do plan to support them. Though, I do have concerns if they'll get the funding/pledges it needs for each series.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:07 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
What's interesting is Blue Blink has been streaming on Viki's website, as well as their Tezuka Youtube Channel. Which makes me wonder if the subtitles will be the same as what's on there or they'll be like different.

Marine Express is as well (and I believe that's also on Hulu).

Still, looking forward to the shows on here, and I do plan to support them. Though, I do have concerns if they'll get the funding/pledges it needs for each series.

We are redoing pretty much all the the Tezuka subtitles from scratch...

And if you're worried about not getting enough pledges, spread the word when we launch!
agila61

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:32 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Seems like a good idea to add works by the familiar Tezuka, guess we'll have to see how it plays out because they aren't his more popular works.

Though the two Tezuka movies are the ones that look interesting to me, of the ones mentioned so far.
molibdaenum

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Please correct this typo near the end of the article:
Its kaunch titles include Tekkaman, the Space Knight, the Bander Book film, Creamy Mami, the Magic Angel, and the 2008 Yatterman remake.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I'll defiantly try to contribute to the Tezuka stuff, would love to have any of those on DVD.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote
This startup project may get a nice boost from Tezuka fans and people who like vintage stuff, but the sad truth is without content that can appeal to the casual masses somehow, I'm afraid the only contribution I can make is to offer to help digging the grave.
NeySnow

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Pledging should be open to international markets. I'll find a way, but it is annoying. Sad
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
This startup project may get a nice boost from Tezuka fans and people who like vintage stuff, but the sad truth is without content that can appeal to the casual masses somehow, I'm afraid the only contribution I can make is to offer to help digging the grave.

Define Casual? Most anime these days isn't really fair for "Casual" viewers IMO. I would argue older titles would have more appeal to a casual audience then a fair amount of modern titles would. Now newer titles might be good for a more moderate fan or a hard core otaku, but I for one am fine with someone trying to give retro/classic titles some much needed love.

Sides, Tezuka fans seem to be pretty good at funding projects like this if DMP's Tezuka manga kick starters are any indication, so nothing wrong with playing it safe till you can properly measure where your at and where your going.
Karasuhebi

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:28 am Reply with quote
Another typo:
The service will focuses on the North American audience...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1