• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Natsume's Book of Friends Gets New Original Anime DVD

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, been awhile since I heard anything about this series. I'll definitely looking forward to more Natsume :3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Kinokuniya will get This issue with the DVD?
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:37 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
I wonder if Kinokuniya will get This issue with the DVD?

I might be reading things incorrectly but it sounds like the DVD is a mail in order.

If not Ami Ami and CD Japan put up pre-orders for La La
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Someone help me find a place where I can order those adorable figures. Please....
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:55 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
Someone help me find a place where I can order those adorable figures. Please....

It's a mail in order. Unless you know someone who can order for you and has a Japanese address you will need to hope for the best with the after market (yahoo Japan).

Don't worry I am in the same boat as you. It's sometimes hard to be a fan outside Japan.

edit: Although if anyone can offer better advice (for the DVD and figures) I am looking for it too.
JormelKaze

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Oh, wow. I wasn't sure if we'd get any more of the anime, since we hadn't heard from it for a while. I knew that, if we did, they'd have to wait for the manga to progress a bit further, but I wasn't expecting an original story. This is quite exciting.

I just wish I lived in Japan so I could get this DVD and those figures. The eternal cry.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Well, I would be willing to make some sort of reciprocal arrangement with someone in Japan. If I knew anyone who wanted to do it Crying or Very sad
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Well, I would be willing to make some sort of reciprocal arrangement with someone in Japan. If I knew anyone who wanted to do it Crying or Very sad

It's pricey, but one option is to use a proxy like Celga. I use them for Yahoo Auctions Japan. There are other proxies out there too. Hmmm...
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
here-and-faraway wrote:

It's a mail in order. Unless you know someone who can order for you and has a Japanese address you will need to hope for the best with the after market (yahoo Japan).

Don't worry I am in the same boat as you. It's sometimes hard to be a fan outside Japan.

edit: Although if anyone can offer better advice (for the DVD and figures) I am looking for it too.

Do you know how to get the mail-in order information? I might use a proxy. Thanks!
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:20 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
Do you know how to get the mail-in order information? I might use a proxy. Thanks!

I think the form (for both the figures and DVD) should come in the next issue of La La due out in July.

I think this also comes with a Nyanko Sensei 10th anniversary strap so it's worth ordering anyways (there is a matching Natsume one with the 16th tank also due out in July).

How would you get the proxy to order it? I am just curious because I tried asking the one I normally use (Treasure Japan) and they never got back to me. I thought what I was asking was too confusing.

edit: Just sent them another E-mail asking again
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:20 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:

I think the form (for both the figures and DVD) should come in the next issue of La La due out in July.

I think this also comes with a Nyanko Sensei 10th anniversary strap so it's worth ordering anyways (there is a matching Natsume one with the 16th tank also due out in July).

How would you get the proxy to order it? I am just curious because I tried asking the one I normally use (Treasure Japan) and they never got back to me. I thought what I was asking was too confusing.

edit: Just sent them another E-mail asking again

Here's a link to the shopping request on Celga.com. I've used them for Yahoo auctions and to buy something from a Bandai store once.

http://www.celga.com/index.php?page=shopfaq
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:02 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:

Here's a link to the shopping request on Celga.com. I've used them for Yahoo auctions and to buy something from a Bandai store once.

I am still a bit confused. I do know how to order from a proxy from Online stores and yahoo auctions.

But this is a bit different. In this case I believe there is a physical form in the La la issue that needs to be filled out and mailed back. I am just not sure how the proxy would do that.

I am sorry for all these questions but thanks for helping.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:17 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:

I am still a bit confused. I do know how to order from a proxy from Online stores and yahoo auctions.

But this is a bit different. In this case I believe there is a physical form in the La la issue that needs to be filled out and mailed back. I am just not sure how the proxy would do that.

I am sorry for all these questions but thanks for helping.

I'm sorry. I was thinking that there might be an online form on the Lala website that you could fill out. I get it now. I need a paper form. Dang. I'm not sure either.... Sigh...
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:26 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:

I'm sorry. I was thinking that there might be an online form on the Lala website that you could fill out. I get it now. I need a paper form. Dang. I'm not sure either.... Sigh...

At least I am pretty sure that is how it works. It would be wonderful if it was an Online form.
ryonomiko
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:47 pm Reply with quote
The last issue (April came out) had the mail in form (the form is only in the Lala issues, not online) for the figures (Set 1). The issue that just came out (May 24 which is titled as the JULY issue) has the form for the figures again plus another form to do the mail in for the DVD.

The form is usually offered in several issues.

Yahoo auctions after the figures or DVDs are out the more likely option for us not in Japan. A deputy service might do (I don't know) the mail in but it's a few months before the items are sent out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2