• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: I.G, Masaaki Yuasa's Kick-Heart Anime Trailer Streamed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pangea

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, but I actually puked alittle bit inside when I saw the video. wow.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Pangea wrote:
Sorry, but I actually puked alittle bit inside when I saw the video. wow.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to say that you despise creativity and uniqueness, but good for you?

Those of use who do care about those things will take the time to enjoy this, though.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Can we stop pretending this was a good idea yet?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:49 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

I can't really imagine people would give money to the Kickstarter without knowing of Yuasa's penchant for style.
Crisha

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quote
^^Yes, you're right, I need to stop pretending that this was a good idea...

... and just admit that it was a GREAT idea! Very Happy

Looking forward to getting the bluray!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:00 pm Reply with quote
I sure can't wait to shell out fifty dollars for a Blu-Ray for a 12 minute short that looks a nine year old drew it.

And then I'll place a meat hat on my head and shove it into a jaguar's mouth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
You must know some quite artistically talented 9 year-olds.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

I can't really imagine people would give money to the Kickstarter without knowing of Yuasa's penchant for style.

Kaiba, Mind Game, and Tatami Galaxy were far cleaner and more polished than this. I don't know, it's kind of hard to be super excited over something that'll only be 12 minutes and for a concept I'm not hot on.
Crisha

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Oh well, no, I'm actually paying $70 for a 12-minute short by a director I respect and who's made series I've really liked, an OST, "making of" video, character designs, storyboards, background art, a t-shirt, a poster, and the knowledge that I was able to directly fund this project by a director I respect.

Even if I don't like it as much as his other works, the fact that I was able to directly fund it does play a pretty big part in my satisfaction.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:32 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I sure can't wait to shell out fifty dollars for a Blu-Ray for a 12 minute short that looks a nine year old drew it.

>Anything that isn't a polished soulless money-making machine is shit

This is what modern-day society actually believes.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Not a fan of his style but happy for those who are. I'll be keeping an eye out for more Kickstarter projects in the future.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Just wondering why you always feel the need to crap all over everything you don't like, and than cram it down everyone who does like it throats. Rolling Eyes

I assume from your numerous comments about this project that you didn't support it so what skin is it off your nose? No one is forcing you to buy, watch, or even like this anime.

Anyways I'm excited to get my copy in the mail.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Kaiba, Mind Game, and Tatami Galaxy were far cleaner and more polished than this. I don't know, it's kind of hard to be super excited over something that'll only be 12 minutes and for a concept I'm not hot on.

The concept and length was well known with the Kickstarter. If you didn't back it then you don't lose out on anything, and if you did then you knew it would only be 10 minutes (originally, upped to 12 via stretch goal) and a rough outline of the plot/character design.

So if you're not hot on it, that's perfectly fine. Plenty of other anime out there to see.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

>Anything that isn't a polished soulless money-making machine is shit

This is what modern-day society actually believes.

That's pretty funny coming from somebody with a polished, soulless money-making moeblob avatar.

Why even bother putting something that is ten minutes or so on a DVD or Blu-Ray? At least wait until you have some kind of collection of these little shorts and then sell the collection. I wouldn't even pay ten cents for a ten minute short if it was a lost Satoshi Kon feature starring Kei Tomiyama, Goro Naya, Daisuke Gouri, and Yasuo Yamada with music composed by Hiroshi Miyagawa and a theme song by Izumi Sakai, and the ghost of Osamu Tezuka delivers it to my house. I've had burps longer than this. And with better content.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:
That's pretty funny coming from somebody with a polished, soulless money-making moeblob avatar.

Uh, the character in my avatar is a guy, and from an otokonoko shotacon eromanga that's best described as "200 pages of drawn little boys sexing each other". That's not exactly "money-making".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3