• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Final' Gintama Film's Full Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazziyan

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:29 am Reply with quote
Is it seriously ending...?
Tr1ckR

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:56 am Reply with quote
Is the manga ending too, or just the anime?
WANNFH

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:17 am Reply with quote
No guys, this is just the massive epic trolling by Sunrise and Sorachi himself. Really, what do you think Gintama is before?!
sainta

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote
Of course this is trolling. Does anybody remember the arc focused on Elizabeth's race? Does anybody remember its ending?
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote
No it's not ending, the title is a parody of a Spaceship Yammato film.
Looks like the plot is some sort of combo between telling Gintoki's past and some sort of time skip where Gintoki's current world has been time skipped without his existence?
Pretty sure the TV series will be back some time next year.
It just seems that more shows are more willing to go on hiatus rather than doing fillers and ruining the show *cough* Naruto *cough*.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Wow at Kagura and Shinpachi... I really wanna see this now.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I've only seen about 13 or so episodes of gintama as of now, but I REALLY want to see this film badly... Welp I've got a LOOOOOONG way to go...
Ginsan

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Lol at Megane-kun's and "De aru"-chan's changes Anime hyper Gonna get hyped over this!!
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:51 am Reply with quote
The trailer was taken down, but I was able to hunt down pics and Gifs, and...OMG, Is that hot guy Shinpachi? And that mature young lady is Kagura?! I have to see this movie...or at least, the trailer!
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:59 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
The trailer was taken down, but I was able to hunt down pics and Gifs, and...OMG, Is that hot guy Shinpachi? And that mature young lady is Kagura?! I have to see this movie...or at least, the trailer!

Yep. From what I gathered from the trailer, it looks like Gintoki went missing or something, and he returns to a time skipped world where the Edo world he knew is gone, Shinpachi and Kagura have grown up and run the Yorozuya, and it also looks like the Shinsengumi was disbanded.
Also looks to show more of Gintoki's past during the Joi War, showing a glimpse of his fight with the leader of the Tendoshu that was mentioned during the Courtesan of a Nation arc.
Nunzia

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:07 pm Reply with quote
It seems like the video was taken down, but I stumbled upon another Youtube channel putting it up, I hope it is allowed of me to put the video link here:

Gintama: The Final Chapter - Be Forever Yorozuya Full Trailer

If it isn't, I apologise in advance!
It seemed to me that there would be surely people who didn't get the chance to see it...so I only wanted to be of help.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
I've only seen about 13 or so episodes of gintama as of now, but I REALLY want to see this film badly... Welp I've got a LOOOOOONG way to go...

Gintama is mostly episodic. Just watch the major arcs if you want to see the story.
SamuraiSx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:26 pm Reply with quote
OMFG !!!!!!! Shocked
GINTAMA !!!
IS !!!!
THE !!!!
MOST !!!!
EPIC !!!!
THING !!!!
EVER !!!!
CREATED !!!!
BEFORE !!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

I am soooo surprised by those teasers and movie and Sorachi-sensei.. GOOD JOB !! Anime smile I NOW CAN"T WAIT TO SEE MOVIE !! Anime hyper

I really hope btw, that Sorachi and Sunrise are trolling us about the ending ! and mfg it's like mix of concept of Kintama and Timeskip arcs !!! past and future, and Gintoki again doesn't fit anywhere Anime hyperD lol
love this !! and mfg TOSSHI AS BARTENDER !!! Embarassed what'll gintoki say.. Twisted Evil

I really expect now much more from the movie !!! and mfg BIGGEST SURPRISE: SHINPACHI ???!!! Shocked
uhuhuhuh fired up fir the movie!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
SamuraiSx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:

don't listen to those who tell skipping, cause all arcs and episodes are important for starters Smile every episode have a bit of puzzle from the main story ~

and be patient! you know you need to start to get into it at first ^^ first episodes are to meet with characters and the story thing, after 80th episode then it will go further with the main story !
btw I am sure you'll like all cause all episodes are epicness XDDD

and you can learn much about other random things like history, culture, music, art, other anime,manga (parodies are something important in Gintama Anime hyper especially One Piece cause Gintoki likes it the most after DBZ Rolling Eyes ) so be prepared for everything! Twisted Evil

and.. I think you will finish anime when movie is out for us and translated so enjoy those 265 episodes Very Happy
Greggy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Looks great! I'm just finishing the anime now then I'll prob read the manga from the start to see all the differences. Can't wait to see the movie, but yeah it took me a long time to get into the series and I stopped watching it a few times. Any jump series that gets anime is definitely worth watching though Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1