• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, May 20-26

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crystal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I dunno if this has been asked before, but is there a way to know what DVD/blu-ray releases in the States are doing well? So we have an idea if more of a show is gonna get picked up due to good sales? Sometimes I prefer to wait for later releases, but don't know if they'll happen or not.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 pm Reply with quote
These so many different editions are getting out of hand: 009 Re:Cyborg has listed both a standard edition and a regular edition. Laughing
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Crystal wrote:
I dunno if this has been asked before, but is there a way to know what DVD/blu-ray releases in the States are doing well? So we have an idea if more of a show is gonna get picked up due to good sales? Sometimes I prefer to wait for later releases, but don't know if they'll happen or not.

Not really. The sales numbers for those releases are generally never leaked or revealed. You could try doing something like tracking how it ranks on Amazon, but it's not going to give you a complete picture of what sells since it's only one place anime is offered.
Tr1ckR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:52 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
These so many different editions are getting out of hand: 009 Re:Cyborg has listed both a standard edition and a regular edition. Laughing

surprised the 009 Re:Cyborg Blu-ray Box isnt listed :/
Ingraman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:40 am Reply with quote
I've purchased a few of the titles on the list, but my copy of Eva 3.33 definitely wasn't reflected in that week's sales numbers because it arrived on 29 April... Yama no Susume and Chihayafuru did make up part of my May Amazon order, although Amazon didn't ship YnS until 26 May so it may or may not have counted for that week. Chihaya had shipped out on 24 May.

If Chihaya ever makes it to Blu-ray in the US (and I've got my fingers crossed), I'll double-dip if it's handled by the right company...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1