• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Block list?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:59 am Reply with quote
Is there a block list option for PMs? I'm looking for it, but I can't find it.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:07 am Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:

I don't believe that there is one....I bet that your best bet is to "PM" (Irony huh) one of the moderator to see if it an option.

More then likely I don't think that there is one, thought I never felt the need to use it, had there been one.

Edit: I just realize something, are you asking for a way to list people you no longer wish to recieve PM from. Or are you trying to remove the button to PM this user, (And blocking yourself from PM all together) in either case I don't believe that they are possible, that I know of at least.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:41 am Reply with quote

No but if someone is giving you a hard time, if you start posting what they are sending you I am sure they will stop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
daxomni

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:39 am Reply with quote
Is that one otaku guy still trying to get your number? That sick puppy. Wink

As already mentioned, proper protocol states that you should message a moderator if it's a serious problem. If it's not serious, then maybe you should post it here for everyone to get a good laugh at instead. Twisted Evil

*Names have been removed to protect the innocent.

Last edited by daxomni on Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I cannot block peoples' PMs, but I can repremand the person and threaten to ban them if need be.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:07 pm Reply with quote
It's really not a seriously problem, and I told the guy nicely I didn't want to talk to him anymore and he stopped. I was the one that messaged him in the first place, actually. His twisted, prejudice opinions freaked me and made me never want to talk to another Christian for the rest of my life. My Catholic mother was reading his PMs over my shoulder, and she got pretty pissed and told me not to think all religious people are as fanatical as this guy. If anyone wants to see what happened you can PM me.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:24 am Reply with quote
If anyone wants to check phpbbmods.com for a mod to phpbb that adds a PM blacklist, I'd be glad to install or have it installed if you point us to it.

I unfortunately won't have time to actually look for something that may or may not be there, at least, not until say, October...

-t
undeadben

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Maybe this might help: Contact list. If it is what I think it is, sorry I am more used to cheap IPB boards, but if I'm correct, it should provide additional features to the PM system. Just not sure if it is for the PM system or if it is compatible with this board, that site doesn't give a lot of details or specifics.

ETA: Did I even search the correct site? I just typed phpbbmods.com and that's where it keeps going.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:18 pm Reply with quote
11 boxs down. It is called Profile Control Panel. Looks like it would do what you want, but it also looks like it does a whole bunch of other stuff, so it might be a hard sell.

On a side note there is a Avatar description mod about halfway down the page. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:29 pm Reply with quote
His twisted, prejudice opinions freaked me and made me never want to talk to another Christian for the rest of my life. My Catholic mother was reading his PMs over my shoulder, and she got pretty pissed and told me not to think all religious people are as fanatical as this guy. If anyone wants to see what happened you can PM me.

You should heed your mothers advice, you shouldn't judge such a large group of people of what one jerk does or says. I love football, and I think most of the fans are great, and have a good ole time with them. But that is not to say there are no A-holes out there that may make the fandom look bad. Some similarities can be found in the anime fandom as well. Smile

Lolicon anyone
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
You should heed your mothers advice, you shouldn't judge such a large group of people of what one jerk does or says. I love football, and I think most of the fans are great, and have a good ole time with them. But that is not to say there are no A-holes out there that may make the fandom look bad. Some similarities can be found in the anime fandom as well. Smile

You bring up a good point, you can't judge an entire group of people based on one opinion. However if your research finds that a large group of these people are indeed like this then steer clear.

The Sport fan (Football in particular) is an interesting point, I've seen the raiders fan's, I've been to a dodgers vs Giants, and that alone would make me worried about sport fans in general. But I also know that there are lots of fans who just want to come to the game and cheer on their team.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1