• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Ringtones

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiei77

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know a place where i can get some anime ringtones? I've been dying for one, and i cant seem to find any on Verizon. Also all i could find online are the ones you make yourself. The only one on Verizon is Pokemon.
daxomni

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Just make your own. Rip a song from your favorite anime CD or DVD and then clip the part you want and load it on your phone. (your phone has to be able to play mp3's and have some type of link to your computer for this to work, but most phones can do this if they were made in the last few years).
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quote
just search google for anime midis and download them to your phone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hanachan01

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Yes, but Verizon's phones don't let you do that Sad You can only buy ringtones on the phone.
daxomni

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:09 pm Reply with quote
First of all, midi's are terrible. Seriously. I'm sick of hearing that 8-bit Nintendo crap come out of people's latest $300 phones from 2006. Well, unless it's an actual 8-bit Nintendo rip from CastleVania or something, then I can understand.

Second, are you really sure this has anything to do with the network provider? I have a Nokia phone at the moment. I simply downloaded Nokia's own software off the internet and then linked up my phone through my notebook's iR port. It took all of five minutes to add my own ringtone to my phone and I didn't have to crack any security or bother with my provider to get it done.

If I were you I'd do some more searching around to see how it can work with your phone as well. It's true that I'm a techie, but I'm no phone guru. I just did a couple searches online and I was done. Hopefully you're just a couple searches away from the same fate. Idea
Minai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I know I have to have a special cable to download files from my compy to my cell, but that is the make, not the provider. Mine is a Sony Ericson Z500a. Talk to your Verizon rep and see if you can buy a link cable to connect your phone to your computer, or if you can do it by firewire/usb.
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Some cellphones (old ones, I guess) can record sounds and you can use those sounds as ringtones. A friend of mine did (but he doesn't use any J-MUSIC for it)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Johnni86

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:22 am Reply with quote
I have a verizon phone (LG VX8000) and i had to go out and buy a third party software and cable (datapilot) which wasn't cheap ($40-60) but it will allows you to easily put mp3s on the phone which can be played as ringtones(i have done this many times) it also allows you to edit any info on your phone like, contact list, calender, photos, messages, and to back up everything. I don't know if your phone's manufacture makes a cable or something to connect but LG didn't when i got the software.
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:22 pm Reply with quote
I have a Cingular Motorola V551. Does any one know of how I can do that, too?
Johnni86

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:14 pm Reply with quote
your phone has bluetooth you should be able to connect with a computer with bluetooth idk if you need special software for that but if you can't figure that out then you can always fall back on the method i described earlier, you can get datapilot connectors for basically any phone.
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:35 am Reply with quote
some phones have a program called "composer" or something similar and allow you to program in your own ringtones. I know there are a lot of sites out there that have all the info you need for writing up ringtones.

If I want anime/jpop ringtones on my phone I'd have to go out and buy an expensive cable or something. I've decided just to wait until they start offering us new phones at the end of our contract period and I'm going to get something that's not such a pain.

I think there may be a few sites out there that let you "text message" links to songs you upload. There's a charge, and some of them are kinda...untrust worthy and you have to know whether your phone supports mp3 or just midi files, but that may be your best bet if you don't have any sort of connectors that came standard with your phone.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:18 am Reply with quote
My cell service only has Pokemon and Mew Mew power. Like I'm going to put that on my phone. Rolling Eyes

My ring is Metallica's "For whom the Bell Tolls" which is one of my favorite songs so I guess I'll forgive them though. Smile
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:42 am Reply with quote
This is pure, unadulterated awesomeness. It's the exact same ringtone Yamazaki has from Welcome to the NHK, the "Fushigi Purupuru Plrin Rin" theme song. If my phone wasn't such a decrepit piece of crap, this would SO be my ringtone. (I can link to this, right? Am I breaking any of the rules by posting this?)
adonais

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:57 am Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
This is pure, unadulterated awesomeness. It's the exact same ringtone Yamazaki has from Welcome to the NHK, the "Fushigi Purupuru Plrin Rin" theme song. If my phone wasn't such a decrepit piece of crap, this would SO be my ringtone. (I can link to this, right? Am I breaking any of the rules by posting this?)

Cool...I've been looking for that one Laughing

(you're probably safe linking that piece, although the guy has a load of other transcriptions on his site which definitely aren't covered by fair use..)

(and....I couldn't help myself, here's my purupuru Plring mp3 remix. Didn't get the sound exactly right, but close enough Cool )
DaZ616

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:28 am Reply with quote
My mob phone is old. Its the Nokia 7650 and only has midi.
My General Ringtone is "Those who fight" from FFVII

Hehehhe, my Message Ringtone is" Victory Fanfare" from FFVII:AC( Just like in the movie, but not the general ringtone.)

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3