• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New ADV Licenses [2006-09-23]

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Wow, CRS was lisenced rather quickly. =\

The other 2 titles were somewhat imminent (except maybe Moeyo Ken, since it seems somewhat obscure, at least to me).

Here's hoping that the last group who would sub it will at least sub the rest of the episodes. =\ If not, oh well, I can always wait until the DVD release, whenever that comes out. =\
Dranxis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I just recognize Moeyo Ken because Rumiko Takahashi was called in to do the character designs for it. I don't think it had much of an effect on the quality of the anime itself, though. :/
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:14 pm Reply with quote
oh wow... just as i got the last 3 episodes of Coyote Ragtime Show. i never thought this would get licensed.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Oh, ANN is missing the entry regarding the "season 4" of UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie, see here: http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4375

It apparently started in July, and also here's ANN's entry: anime#6826
Its only 2 episodes.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:30 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
oh wow... just as i got the last 3 episodes of Coyote Ragtime Show. i never thought this would get licensed.
same here, as fun as I find CRS (fun enough I created my own LJ comm for it when I saw there were none already) I figured it for a niche show among anime fans and wasn't expecting to see it licensed untill a few months after it finished at the soonest.

I'm VERY pleased to see I was wrong (and secretly pleased I caught the MKV downloads of the last two eps before the group was notified of the licensing of the series). now all I'm gonna be antsy for is a release date Laughing
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:22 am Reply with quote
Common on, ADV! Announce Haruhi already! :/
icepick314

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:43 am Reply with quote
is all of UFO Princess Valkyrie licensed, then?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Dejiko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:46 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

Your kidding right? It screamed "I aim to be Cowboy Bebop 2" from the beginning (down to the paper cut-out letters). I'm glad it didn't turn out to be a clone, but a good show that could stand on its own legs. To be frank, I was suprised it wasn't pre-licensed Smile
LordRobin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:36 am Reply with quote
ADV's licenses tend to be rather eyebrow-raising these days. I wonder, do you think they're going after less fan-hot titles to avoid dealing with fansubs?

------RM
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:55 am Reply with quote
LordRobin wrote:
ADV's licenses tend to be rather eyebrow-raising these days. I wonder, do you think they're going after less fan-hot titles to avoid dealing with fansubs?

------RM

I'd say that less fan-hot titles are cheaper to license, saving them money and making the money-making bar a lot lower. The trick will be to then try to get these less fan-hot titles (I find I enjoy the term "fan-hot" Anime smile) marketed and sold.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:15 am Reply with quote
I guess I'll have to see a couple of episodes of Moeyo Ken and Coyote Ragtime on The Anime Network before I decide to buy the series.

I've already seen episode 1 of Jinki: Extend and Comic Party: Revolution on The Anime Network. Jinki: Extend seems really good, and CPR seems ok.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
free2slap

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:34 am Reply with quote
Well ..neither of these titles interest me Confused

Quote:

Quote:
I'd say that less fan-hot titles are cheaper to license, saving them money and making the money-making bar a lot lower. The trick will be to then try to get these less fan-hot titles (I find I enjoy the term "fan-hot" ) marketed and sold.

That may seem true and it sucks and i think haruhi might be or will be a good example of that. I thought by now this anime would get licensed already but since its popularity is really high and most people have already seen it through fansubs, i'd suggest you guys to cross fingers.

If they are going after less popular titles then why not get Mushishi or Bokura ga ita because i'm really looking forward to those.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:01 am Reply with quote
Dejiko wrote:

Your kidding right? It screamed "I aim to be Cowboy Bebop 2" from the beginning (down to the paper cut-out letters). I'm glad it didn't turn out to be a clone, but a good show that could stand on its own legs. To be frank, I was suprised it wasn't pre-licensed Smile

I have to agree. It had that "Cowboy Bebop" feel to it, so I thought that it would be licensed rather quickly, but not this fast. =\

Last edited by Buster Blader 126 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:01 am Reply with quote
Malintex Terek wrote:
Common on, ADV! Announce Haruhi already! :/

Some one said that Haruhi would be really difficult to release here, since it was made for a very niche audience :S

I did finish CRS before it got announced, and even if the last chapters felt rushed, I'm planning to get the DVDs ^^
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:36 am Reply with quote
Wait, did I miss the part where UFO 2 was licensed? [Apparently, I did, even though it was 5 months ago)

Well, that should guarantee some sort of thinpack for the franchise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2