• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - December 2nd - December 8th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabriyahm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:48 am Reply with quote
I too wish the cable networks would dig a little bit deeper into the anime shelves. I hardly watch any anime on TV anymore. Love the click pick. The Quincy story line starts the good part of Bleach. The beginning episodes to me were pretty dull. I guess I can start watching it on AS now.
emory

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:50 am Reply with quote
Not only is Bobobo pre-empted, CN has pulled the show completely. You'll get 2 Zatch Bells for the next few weeks until Prince of Tennis debuts at 10 on December 23rd. One Piece will meet the same fate when MAR premieres on the same date.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:08 am Reply with quote
emory wrote:
Not only is Bobobo pre-empted, CN has pulled the show completely. You'll get 2 Zatch Bells for the next few weeks until Prince of Tennis debuts at 10 on December 23rd. One Piece will meet the same fate when MAR premieres on the same date.

are you serious? i wonder where 4kids is gonna put that crap show when its kicked off the CN
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
NimbusRain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:30 am Reply with quote
So MAR and Prince of Tennis are being added to Toonami's TV lineup? I guess they did well on Jetstream. Personally, I'd have preferred to see Hikaru No Go than the other two...
Nebs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:16 am Reply with quote
Score for MAR & PoT coming to Toonami, but I too would have preferred Hikaru no Go. & boo for getting rid of BoBoBo! One Piece has been on reruns for awhile now, but I thought they'd get back to new ones come the new year. Guess that wont be happening anymore.

It took me longer to truly get into Bleach & become "a fan." It was the Ichigo/Renji fight in the Soul Society arc that did it for me. Can't wait for that saga to come along. Must be tough for Bleach newbies though, since it's probably really hard NOT to get spoiled by spoiler[the Aizen being evil-thingy] at this point. Which is a shame, since that's really something you don't want to be spoiled about too.

As for Daigunder, there seems to be more episodes after ep 26 that's listed on both ANN & TV.com, so I don't think it's over quite yet. On a similar topic, I actually wish I had known ahead of time that this morning was the final episode of Kirby. I would've recorded it, if nothing more than to just see if anything got, you know, resolved. Or if there was even a plot at all....

This was actually one of my favorite episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh GX in the Japanese version, & the dub proved to treat it as, well, as good as the dub can. Still, 4Kids makes way too many important dialogue changes, but it was all right for them. The only Misawa duel episode all seasonspoiler[, & also the last ever].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:47 pm Reply with quote
So Bobobo finally died? And One Piece will now too? It's so sad 4Kids killed that show, with all the potential it had.

Anyway, MAR bores the crap out of me and the dub of Prince of Tennis was horrible, so I'm not too excited. Even if Hikaru no Go was coming on, that dub is even worse...

As for Bleach, I'm been disappointed in the anime so far. I have all 15 released manga volumes, and I contend that the manga releases are about 715.14% better than the anime releases. Too bad most people will be watching the anime and not reading the manga...

Oh, and the Naruto anime is going to surpass the Naruto manga very soon, so I guess sales of the Naruto manga and Shonen Jump magazine are pretty screwed now. Idiots. It was their own fault for not publishing it at more than 2-3 chapters per month.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:

Oh, and the Naruto anime is going to surpass the Naruto manga very soon, so I guess sales of the Naruto manga and Shonen Jump magazine are pretty screwed now. Idiots. It was their own fault for not publishing it at more than 2-3 chapters per month.

Do you have anything to back this up? Any kind of sales information or something that would suggest that when an anime surpasses a manga in storyline that the manga sales dip?

Because there's a whole lot of evidence that that isn't true at all and basically no evidence that supports it.

Then you go so far as to call the people releasing it "idiots", because they didn't release the show in a manner that would prevent your nonexistant sales dip from happening! Amazing logic!
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
As for Bleach, I'm been disappointed in the anime so far.

I was too. I think the early episodes are just boring compared to the manga, but the Soul Society arc is not to be missed in its animated form, but the manga holds up a style that the anime never really catches outside of the first opening animation. At least I think so...

Sad to hear about One Piece...kind of...if only because now I don't know what to expect from the franchise in America now. Glad to hear about The Prince of Tennis though. I don't find any issues with the dub. For me, hating on The Prince of Tennis dub remains one of the mysteries of the world. I do hope it does well, not only for itself, but to raise awareness of sports anime in general.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:

Do you have anything to back this up? Any kind of sales information or something that would suggest that when an anime surpasses a manga in storyline that the manga sales dip?

Because there's a whole lot of evidence that that isn't true at all and basically no evidence that supports it.

Then you go so far as to call the people releasing it "idiots", because they didn't release the show in a manner that would prevent your nonexistant sales dip from happening! Amazing logic!

I'm bitter because my Naruto story is proceeding too slowly, so I'm hoping sales will dip so Viz and Shonen Jump wake up and start to publish the manga faster. Since I don't watch fansubs or read scanlations, all I have to go off of is the official English releases, which are painfully slow for the manga.

My only sales information is that sales of the manga exploded when the anime began to air, presumably so people could get ahead in the story. I know that if I wasn't already subscribed to Shonen Jump, I may very well have stopped reading it once the anime surpassed the manga. I'm sure there are many others like me.[/i]
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:51 pm Reply with quote
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:

I was too. I think the early episodes are just boring compared to the manga, but the Soul Society arc is not to be missed in its animated form, but the manga holds up a style that the anime never really catches outside of the first opening animation. At least I think so...

I totally agree. I honestly don't think I'd be as big a fan of Bleach if I had seen the anime first. All the style is gone (only the OP lives up to it, like you said). The thing I really love about the anime is Rukia. I think she's drawn perfectly, and her voice, original and dub are perfect. Everyone else is drawn slightly distorted from their manga counterpart (and I still can't stand Bosch as Ichigo's voice). And they really rush through the Karakura stories just to get to the SS arc. The anime just comes off kinda lame after reading the manga.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:58 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:

I totally agree. I honestly don't think I'd be as big a fan of Bleach if I had seen the anime first. All the style is gone (only the OP lives up to it, like you said). The thing I really love about the anime is Rukia. I think she's drawn perfectly, and her voice, original and dub are perfect. Everyone else is drawn slightly distorted from their manga counterpart (and I still can't stand Bosch as Ichigo's voice). And they really rush through the Karakura stories just to get to the SS arc. The anime just comes off kinda lame after reading the manga.

It's all kind of like how the YuYu Hakusho anime rushed through the early Spirit Detective story, and even cut most of it out, just to get to the Dark Tournament. This really isn't too much of a coincidence, however, as Noriyuki Abe directed/directs both anime.

Also, with the Bleach anime, I don't like how so many small things are changed. It seems this was done just to be different, though, since I can't seem to find any reason. As for good current anime adaptations, I look toward Naruto (minus the fillers I keep hearing about, I guess).
Someone_II

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:

I'm bitter because my Naruto story is proceeding too slowly, so I'm hoping sales will dip so Viz and Shonen Jump wake up and start to publish the manga faster.

You think you've got it bad? Hikago and YYH are being relesed MUCH slower, and considering that's the only reason I read SJ...

Let's contrast here: 1 Volume of Naruto in Japan/2 months. 1 Volume of Naruto in North America/3 months. 1 Volume of Hikago/YYH in in North America/4-5 months.

I'm not trying to be an ass here, I'm just pointing out that Naruto is getting a pretty quick relese compared to certain others.
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:30 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm sure if Naruto went a whole lot faster, there'll be more filliers. Lord help us, American Naruto fans sure hates them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ChikaraFire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:58 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Anyway, MAR bores the crap out of me and the dub of Prince of Tennis was horrible, so I'm not too excited. Even if Hikaru no Go was coming on, that dub is even worse...

can't speakfor the first two but i thought the dub of hikaru no go was fairly good, sai's was quite amusing Cool
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Someone_II wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:

I'm bitter because my Naruto story is proceeding too slowly, so I'm hoping sales will dip so Viz and Shonen Jump wake up and start to publish the manga faster.

You think you've got it bad? Hikago and YYH are being relesed MUCH slower, and considering that's the only reason I read SJ...

Let's contrast here: 1 Volume of Naruto in Japan/2 months. 1 Volume of Naruto in North America/3 months. 1 Volume of Hikago/YYH in in North America/4-5 months.

I'm not trying to be an ass here, I'm just pointing out that Naruto is getting a pretty quick relese compared to certain others.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'd say that Naruto and Hikaru no Go are the two main reasons I read SJ, and that one month that they only gave us one chapter of HnG almost killed me. Really, they have to publish more of their current manga, instead of giving us more bullcrap like Gintama and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2