• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan 3DS Game's Screenshots Previewed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:24 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The magazine notes that Spike Chunsoft's game has a Story Mode in which players can recreate the battles of the main lead Eren and the other humans against the Titan giants.

So you get to do cool aerial aerobatics only to get slapped out of the sky by the aberrant you didn't see? Or perhaps it will simulate pants wetting as everyone you know and love is eaten in front of you?

But seriously, if this game does replicate the excitement of 3D maneuver gear in 3D. Its gonna be EPIC.
Alunimus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:32 am Reply with quote
The game based on anime\manga for portable console and not a visual novel? Wow, that's incredible!
terminus24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:38 am Reply with quote
AoT is a pretty bad series, but the action scenes would probably translate pretty well into an action game. Oh, how I wish the 3DS wasn't region locked, as this could be fun...
Ashminigun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:22 am Reply with quote
Story mode: Guessing the player will choose to play from the main characters point of view. More characters will be unlock after you complete Eren and Mikasa route.

Now, let see what will the modding community will do when Titanfall come out next year. Their game mechanics is somewhat similar to 3D maneuvering gear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Sasukeuzi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:16 am Reply with quote
Cutting their arms off? Not the nape of their necks? C'moooooon. C'MOOOOOOON.
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:07 am Reply with quote
Sasukeuzi wrote:

The cheaply made smartphone version lets you cut the Titan's necks in the game.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-28/unofficial-attack-on-titan-game-gets-over-500000-downloads
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Sasukeuzi wrote:

It never said the cutting of the arms was to kill it. Just to free your friends before they get eaten.
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:24 pm Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
AoT is a pretty bad series, but the action scenes would probably translate pretty well into an action game. Oh, how I wish the 3DS wasn't region locked, as this could be fun...

Why do you think the series is bad?
terminus24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:29 pm Reply with quote
ShatteredWorld wrote:
terminus24 wrote:

AoT gets almost everything wrong, IMO, from animation to plot to pacing, etc. Plus, all the hype and fans made me think it'd be great, which raised my expectations, but then it failed to meet even normal expectations.

Of course, this is all just my opinion, I'm perfectly fine with people who like the series.
kayori1928

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
ShatteredWorld wrote:
terminus24 wrote:

AoT gets almost everything wrong, IMO, from animation to plot to pacing, etc. Plus, all the hype and fans made me think it'd be great, which raised my expectations, but then it failed to meet even normal expectations.

Of course, this is all just my opinion, I'm perfectly fine with people who like the series.

Actually I found the series has been really good. Yeah the pacing is a bit slow, but it was in the manga too since it only came out monthly.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quote
kayori1928 wrote:
terminus24 wrote:
ShatteredWorld wrote:
terminus24 wrote:

Actually I found the series has been really good. Yeah the pacing is a bit slow, but it was in the manga too since it only came out monthly.

AoT suffers from a lot of filler. It's still good, but I can totally see where it suffers badly from pacing problems.

Fortunately the second half of the season has been a lot better paced then the first half.
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:42 am Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
ShatteredWorld wrote:
terminus24 wrote:

Well, at least you can admit your opinion in a coherrant way and don't bash someone else for theirs Very Happy

In response, though, I'd actually say that AoT is one of the best animated shows to come out of Japan in a while. Just from the use of angles and how speedy, yet fluent the action sequences are.

Not only that, but I feel that the pacing helps to appreciate the overall plot more and aids the emotional appeal of the series.
Lost_Shy_One

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Even if this game came out in English, I'm not going to waste my money on this game.
chrisall76

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
ShatteredWorld wrote:
terminus24 wrote:

I never expect pacing to be amazing when a anime comes from a manga, maybe that's just me. AOT does get slow
at sometimes though. But other than that, I think everything was amazing, ESPECIALLY the animation shown by
episode 21.
CCharmanderK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Now bring this bad boy to America!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1