• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kill la Kill (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote

Kill la Kill (TV)

Genres: action, comedy, drama, fantasy, science fiction
Themes: absurdity, ecchi, fanservice, fighting, school war

Plot Summary: Ryuuko Matoi carries a large weapon shaped like half of a pair of scissors. She's looking for the woman with the other half, who killed her father. Satsuki Kiryuuin, student council president of Honnouji Academy, is said to know the woman's identity, so Ryuuko transfers there. Those who arrive at the school receive a special "goku uniform", and Satsuki has used that power to rule the school in fear.
----------------------------------

Anime Marathon Discussion (Nov. 6th, 2015 - Nov. 15th, 2015) starts here

----------------------------------

The preview episode came out in Japan yesterday and wow, the reactions were glorious. As a fan of TTGL, I am also VERY excited to see how this series will turn out to be. The trailer looked pretty damn neat too along with the character cast/VA list.

I'm pretty hyped for this and I hope Trigger delivers. On another note, Satsuki looks pretty badass.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:39 pm Reply with quote
THIS THING STARTED ALREADY!?

Yes, I'll go check it out immediately.

*so much love for Imaishi*
David.Seth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
THIS THING STARTED ALREADY!?

Starts Oct 3rd in Japan, not too sure if it will be the same day for Crunchyroll or other streaming sites.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quote
That was a good first episode, although the animation will get some time to get used too. It felt like a 90s anime to me. I really hope her spoiler[ uniform changes as it absorbs the other Goku uniforms] because I feel it is a joke right now.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Fun and silly, pretty much what I expected. Definitely had an early 90s feeling to it (I was thinking of Bakuen Campus Guardress in particular)
law240

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Loved the first episode. feels a lot like Project A-ko to me anybody else getting that vibe?
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I had my doubts, but the first episode lived up to the extremely high expectations. The real challenge will be keeping this momentum through the entire series, but I'm confident they can do it with Nakashima at the wheel Very Happy
Bango

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Now here's an interesting one. I love the animation direction but I hate the art. That makes almost no sense and the two have to co-exist like this to work.

Actually, this show is an amazing trade-off of things I like and things I hate, presented almost right after one another. A mere few seconds in it already introduces something I love (school of hell) and something I hate (obvious power level hierarchy) that sadly usually go hand-in-hand. A horrible sidekick gets compared with a cool weapon. A stupid-looking outfit gets met with cool attacks.

Though I think this is strike #3 this season. I really don't want this to be the season of "annoying sidekick girls".

So I'm all in on this one because the juxtaposition is fascinating to me, I love the retro feel it has (whoever mentioned Campus Guardress is spot on) and I too want to see if the outfit gets cooler looking the more people she beats.
Merida

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Now that was fun! Definitely my favourite this season so far. Must be the first time in anime history that a skimpy outfit spoiler[actually forced itself on someone]. Laughing I also liked that other characters actually acknowledged the fact that she was spoiler[basically half-naked] instead of treating it like the most normal thing in the world.

So yeah, quirky humour, over-the-top action and weird characters, mixed with TTGL-style art - i'm sold.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I was giggling probably the entire time Very Happy Definitely a show that I'll continue to follow.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Love this show. Will definitely tide me over until we get more Jojo.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote
This show... has ALL the Wahtehfukkery that I have been missing in recent anime releases for a while.

For me, this will probably be the best first episode of this batch of releases.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:56 pm Reply with quote
I didn't think it was possible, but this one might be too stupid even for me. ("stupid" is not meant to be derogatory here)
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote
And here I thought that there was no way that the guy could write anything dumber than he did with Fourze. I was done before the first scene was over, and the longer it went on, the less I liked.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap that was stupid fun awesome! That was a hugely entertaining episode. Definitely felt like the spiritual successor to TTGL: kicking reason to the curb to do the impossible. Yo yo, fight the Student Council!

Yeah, I liked this one. I liked it a lot. It made me remember that anime can be freaking awesome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 60