• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tokyo Ravens (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:57 am Reply with quote

Tokyo Ravens
Genres: Comedy, School, Shounen, Super Power, Supernatural

Plot Summary: In the "Great Disaster," Japan has been thrown into chaos by onmyouji (a kind of magician). Harutora Tsuchimikado was born into an onmyouji family, but has no power whatsoever. His childhood friend Natsume (another member of the Tsuchimikado family) appears to him one day to take him up the promise he made long ago to become her shikigami (familiar). A battle between onmyouji is about to begin.

Episode 1
Not bad for the first episode. Seems like two of the main characters spoiler[might already know each other based on some flashbacks. I guess there might be a love triangle going on later since there were some hints dropped in this episode.]

The second half got more intense with the spoiler[yukata, fireworks, etc. Oh and that kiss at the end there. Shocked] Anyways, looking forward to more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Yay another Kana Hanazawa show for the fall season. I can't wait till spoiler[Kon] shows up.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Yay another Kana Hanazawa show for the fall season.

lol, I was thinking the same thing. I lost count how many times I've heard her voice this season. Anyway, the show seems fairly interesting so far, but it hasn't revealed much of the main plot as of yet. I'll keep an eye on this for a while longer.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
What i learn from anime is to not make any promise to girls.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:25 pm Reply with quote
yoshiyukiblade wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Yay another Kana Hanazawa show for the fall season.

lol, I was thinking the same thing. I lost count how many times I've heard her voice this season. Anyway, the show seems fairly interesting so far, but it hasn't revealed much of the main plot as of yet. I'll keep an eye on this for a while longer.

She is in 5 since Monogatari is 2 cour.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Well it did not have much strong going for it until they had spoiler[that bit of what I assume was a shikigami] based off my knowledge of Onmoyoji from Nurarihyon.

The opening song was catchy, it reminded me a lot of something from Index, which seems to be that Maon Kurosaki did the EDs for the second season. Although that is odd as it has more of the feelings of the OP songs. Iuchi Maiko seems to be another thing that connects this to Index and Railgun, going off of MAL. Although I can't find enough about the OP song, X-encounter, to draw a conclusion of its similarities.

Other random throughts: I kept getting the feeling they would kill the female friend. And why is Bayonetta blond? It got me with the animation, 8-Bit are strangely active at the moment with also doing Infinite Statos 2 and Walkure Romanze. Can they really do all three series at once?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Don't know what to think about this one.
It's kinda slow so far.
The characters look pretty nice though.
That girl really knows how to get what she wants.
Think I'm gonna give this a few more episodes before I decide.
It does have some potential.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:36 pm Reply with quote
That... ritual.... was.... hot.....
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:50 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
That... ritual.... was.... hot.....

Indeed~

The second episode was okay I guess. spoiler[Shizuku's revelation is revealed about his brother and also some more flashbacks from Harutora. I got a feeling that Hokuto isn't really dead though. I think she's going to return later but maybe not 100% Hokuto.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:02 am Reply with quote
Love problems are the worst..
It always complicates thing, especially when when more parties are involved.
That chibi girl sure is powerful and dangerous.
Action wasn't lacking this time.
That girl need some serious therapy.. maybe confused blondie might be able to help..
Wonder if those two will be friends or enemies considering what happened spoiler[to Hokuto.]
spoiler[Poor guy lost something he never even knew he had all along.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:15 am Reply with quote
My interest in this show is growing. Can't wait for cute l'il fox-girl to show up in two episodes.
MasterYuki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:12 pm Reply with quote
as Hanazawa kana's fan i'm gonna watch this anime, well i've read it's manga, and it's pretty good, especially when spoiler[kon] appear
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

That is an interesting twist to pull in the second episode. Having spoiler[her killed more so than having her revealed as a shikigami]. Pretty sad that it looked like he was going to have a spoiler[breakthrough with the "villain" before a suit] did something as amazing as spoiler[making her trip in mud].
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:27 pm Reply with quote
So Hokuto was spoiler[ Natsume's shikigami] but Harutora is too dumb to figure it out despite all the obvious clues. YES! Kon appears next episode.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:05 pm Reply with quote
This show is terrible. I usually have a high tolerance for this kind of thing, but everything that could go wrong, does. Terrible and inconsistent animation. Victory through sheer willpower. Girl isn't a bad guy, only misunderstood, and main character is compelled to care about her for no apparent reason, other than 'cute.' Super-dense main character.

I can't stop watching! Somebody help me!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 11